Gators National Championship

Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
Going for the first SEC NC in Softball vs. ASU

Series starts tonight @8 on ESPN2

bilde?Site=GS&Date=20110605&Category=ARTICLES&ArtNo=110609711&Ref=AR&Profile=1136&MaxW=600&border=0

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,024 AG
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Going for the first SEC NC in Softball vs. ASU

Series starts tonight @8 on ESPN2

bilde?Site=GS&Date=20110605&Category=ARTICLES&ArtNo=110609711&Ref=AR&Profile=1136&MaxW=600&border=0

Well I was hoping someone got a shot of that, but where the heck was he, on a pole, air balloon??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • RedBaronRedBaron Posts: 6,781 Officer
    So close
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can **** women for free!!!
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,699 Captain
    Before I comment I just want to very this is a thread about girls softball, right?
    Before I comment I just want to very this is a thread about girls softball, right?

If you read the thread correctly, that would be a good assumption.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash wrote: »
    If you read the thread correctly, that would be a good assumption.

Okay, great. Please tell me about the attraction of watching a sport created so the fat girls that can't play soccer or take dance classes have something to do whilst on the road to discovering their "identity" and exists entirely because of Title IX and gets aired because the TV rights are cheap and it fills time on ESPN.

NOTE: No offense to fat girls or any of your daughters that might play softball. There's still a chance that some of them might lose weight and get married.
    You should check out the roster of UF's team. Some are quite "talented".
  • BColleyBColley Posts: 419 Officer
    Agreed! Although they got crushed last night. Go Gators!
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • SeminolekenSeminoleken Posts: 3,489 Officer
    Okay, great. Please tell me about the attraction of watching a sport created so the fat girls that can't play soccer or take dance classes have something to do whilst on the road to discovering their "identity" and exists entirely because of Title IX and gets aired because the TV rights are cheap and it fills time on ESPN.

NOTE: No offense to fat girls or any of your daughters that might play softball. There's still a chance that some of them might lose weight and get married.

Yeah but tell us how you really feel.
    2012-09-01_19-51-23_295copy.jpgr8yvdx-1-1.jpg
    Yeah but tell us how you really feel.

And then tell us about track, tennis, volleyball, golf, and even baseball.

Must be some of the ones from your area. UF has some cute ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 3,729 Captain

How tall are you Intrepid? :p
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    Other than a few "blow outs" most of the games have been tight...., no sexual joke intended, and quite competitive. Maybe if you watched a few for athletic talent, and competitiveness, you'd understand our interest.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    It would be interesting to see anyone making fun of them have to climb into the batters box against those pitchers.

As to the rest of the games, hopefully the Gators will get a different outcome.
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral

I'd bet that any one of those girls could out run you, out punch you, out wrestle you and pick up more women.

Is there anything that you're not bitter about? Must be that Junior Member of yours.
    If he has not been watching it, you have to give him a break. Girls softball is not what it was 10 years ago. Years ago, it was brutal to watch. they are actually playing some real ball these days. It is pretty **** entertaining. Women's bball.....different story.....I would rather watch the spelling bee.
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    When is the game tonight?
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • TumbleweedTomTumbleweedTom Posts: 1,987 Officer
    THe game's on ESPN2 at 8:00 pm. Last night they had "discussion", coverage beginning at 7:30 on one of the other ESPNs.

Should have been "discussing" how they selected their "elite" umpires for the WCWS. Home plate ump was horrible. She should never be allowed to call the championship games, and she's done both UF/ASU games. Makes it tough when your pitcher gets no corners, and calls are inconsistent. Requires you feed the ball down the middle, and....wham! Long ball.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." Tom Waits.
    Should have been "discussing" how they selected their "elite" umpires for the WCWS.

My guess is they take what's left after MLB, Minor Leagues, College baseball, HS baseball, Instructional Leagues, Dominican Winter Leagues, and Little League baseball get their umpires.

It's girl's softball for heaven's sake what kind of "quality" are you expecting. I'm honestly shocked that there are grown men, not related to the players, that are watching it. (Note to Eric - This actually amuses me no end rather than makes me "bitter")
  • TheFlufferTheFluffer Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    This thread can't be real.... There is just no way!!!!
    You guys sound very threatened by the athletic talents of these little girls. Yes...THAT IS amusing.
    It is not that at all... I am curious why I have yet to see a post in FS Sports regarding any other program/schools softball team, ever!!!!
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,576 Admiral
    The Softball World Series, much like baseball, is a good background sport to have on while working on the the computer. If the game is very close in the late innings I might even totally pay attention to it.

As far as athletic talent...well...I dont really see it, except for the pitchers.

Volleyball, soccer and lacrosse players are much better female athletes.
    Because it is rare to talk about any teams in any sport that is at best average. It is also very rare to see anything in here about UCF, USF or even UM football.
    RedBaron wrote: »
    Because it is rare to talk about any teams in any sport that is at best average. It is also very rare to see anything in here about UCF, USF or even UM football.

Oh ok... That makes sense!

Carry on
    The Softball World Series, much like baseball, is a good background sport to have on while working on the the computer. If the game is very close in the late innings I might even totally pay attention to it.

As far as athletic talent...well...I dont really see it, except for the pitchers.

Volleyball, soccer and lacrosse players are much better female athletes.

Do you even think you would hit anything beyond a foul tip against one of the pitchers? There are girls on the team that hit 20+ homeruns. It takes far more talent to hit a rise ball from little league distance at 70+ MPH than it does to play volleyball or to chase a soccer ball up and down the field.
    RedBaron wrote: »
    Do you even think you would hit anything beyond a foul tip against one of the pitchers? There are girls on the team that hit 20+ homeruns. It takes far more talent to hit a rise ball from little league distance at 70+ MPH than it does to play volleyball or to chase a soccer ball up and down the field.

See now once again I am forced to make the statement....This thread can't be real.... There is just no way!!!!
    Why not give credit where credit is due?

So if you can watch So You Think You Can Dance, Bachellorette, Swamp Road Hoarders, or some female athletes doing something you can't do......why not have an open mind?
    It is a decent filler between real sports.......ie.....Football and Hockey.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,126 Captain
    Must be that Junior Member of yours.

Dude, I suppose there are forums for discussing that type thing but this is not one of them.......:thumbdown:
    Hoping for better luck next time......
  • JDPJDP Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Former UF softball player!
  • BibBib Posts: 2,356 Captain
    Good series ASU.

Here's to a great season for UF softball. :R

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file