Gas sensor question

JDonovanJDonovan Posts: 42 Deckhand
I have an 07 cayman and was told the deck would have to be cut to fix. Is this true or is there access to the sensor.

Replies

• Ranger Boats HQRanger Boats HQ Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    The access will vary between each of the models. What is your specific model of Ranger boat? If you can let us know the year and the model we will be able to gets some information for you.
  • JDonovanJDonovan Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Its a ranger 191 cayman 07. I also have the hull serial number, but i did not think that i should put that on the internet. We just fished the ifa championship in it and it was kind of scary not knowing how much gas we had. They had the tourney out of Chalmete and we ran about 150 miles each day on the way back everyday we kept our fingers crossed. Its a great boat and i just found it hard to believe that a company as good as Ranger would not have access to that sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jimmy Donovan
    P.s. I have a Yamaha 200 hpdi motor
  • Ranger Boats HQRanger Boats HQ Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    To access the fuel sending unit: Cut the sealant out of the floor lid seam, remove the screws holding down the lid, tilt the console attached to the lid and brace to keep from falling back over bilge. The fuel tank sending unit is now accessible. When done, screw lid back down, tape around lid seam (helps keep the silicone from making a mess) and reseal the seam.

We hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file