Just did another Capt Yuri Dry Tortugas trip!

Six of us did the DT fishing trip with Capt Yuri last weekend. A couple of SE Section guys went along too. Got a few more guys from this Section going back out there with me in 3 more weeks....... Shoeless and Bambam78. They both went on their first DT trips last summer but not together. This time we'll have both buddies and a few special newbies going as well!

It was a bit slow at first but we ended up just Slamming the big Muttons! Came close to our Limit on American Red Snapper too! We all brought home about 15 bags of fish which is enough for more than 50 fish dinners!

Shoving off again just three weeks from tomorrow!

Replies

• ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,092 Captain
    Can’t wait for the trip Gary, it going to be another one for the record books!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,094 AG
    I've done 14 of these trips and I set another new Record in that I caught 3 Muttons over 10 pounds! A pair of 11 pounders and a nice 12 pounder!

It was also the first trip with a Tiger Shark caught and also the first time that we had porpoises show up in the underwater night lights! It was a Wild Kingdom Trip for sure!
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,023 Officer
    edited July 12 #4
    edited July 12 #5
    I'll be down next week to pick up my bag of grouper  ;).  I'll bring ya a bag of my world famous fish dip.
    My back is better! Time to get me back in the rotation. :fingeerscrossed
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,094 AG
    edited July 12 #6
    Conchy Critter said:Time to get me back in the rotation. :fingeerscrossed
    Maybe get The Wrecking Crew back next summer for a trip!   

Hope you noticed from the photos that I was wearing my green, Wrecking Crew Abacos 2007 shirt once again!    B)
  • AnyhooAnyhoo Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Gary-Great stuff.  Congrats.
  • AtkinsonAtkinson Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    This thread is worthless without pics! We have been wanting to do a Capt Yuri trip for a while...but his has nearly 2 year waiting list.
    Gary M said:
    Conchy Critter said:Time to get me back in the rotation. :fingeerscrossed
    Maybe get The Wrecking Crew back next summer for a trip!   

Hope you noticed from the photos that I was wearing my green, Wrecking Crew Abacos 2007 shirt once again!    B)
    I am game but we will have to work on Dmon.  I wish my shirt still fit. :-( .
    Have to make some new ones for our next Abaco/Bahamas Trip!!
  • Gooch23Gooch23 Posts: 146 Deckhand
    This isn't the Gary M report we've grown accustomed to! LOL Hope all is well
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,168 Admiral
    Awesome 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • JaxJax Posts: 50 Greenhorn
    The report is on THT. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file