Indian creek off collins ave in south beach- worth trying?

Heading to south beach for the weekend with some non fisher types.

We are staying right on the beach and was curious if worth trying some casts for snook or jacks in the canal that runs along collins ave or if it is too shallow/trashy?

I have done ok on snook off the beach but only get about an hour in the am before it gets too packed.
we need more internet money

Replies

• Gooch23Gooch23 Posts: 146 Deckhand
    Better off walking the surf.  Couple of fish around, but the weeds are really really bad.  Caught them from 40th all the way up to about 65th, but you can find them just about anywhere. Catch em up
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 568 Officer
    Gooch23 said:
    Better off walking the surf.  Couple of fish around, but the weeds are really really bad.  Caught them from 40th all the way up to about 65th, but you can find them just about anywhere. Catch em up
    10-4!
    we need more internet money
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 2,859 Captain
    All the bridges over canals on Miami Beach hold fish at different tide times.... but..... all of them are posted, and everything else is private property.  Many years ago me and a buddy prowled just about all of them between midnight and dawn, jumping tarpon, hooking up with snook of every size... and the fish are still there - but the Beach has changed dramatically over the years - the town that is....

Unfortunately, the entire area is really only fish-able from a skiff (and even then places like certain "private islands" hire their own security to run you off, even when you're on the water -without the slightest legal authority....).  I still fish the entire area - but only as a small part of our night charters - and I know that most casual visitors can't afford a booking... -I couldn't  either when I first came to town back in 1971...not even once....

The actual beach areas right at first light are your best bet - but you'll have to leave when the first life guards show up - wish it were different...  

Miami Beach isn't exactly "tourist friendly" - no matter what they say....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file