Clearwater Pass with Pemit-Me

A huge thanks to Permit-Me for the fun trip today. Headed out around 6am with a live well full of crabs, headed along the beach about 50-100 yards off the beach. Saw some pods and fish rolling pretty close to the shore within 50yds. Managed to get lines in front of them with floats in the back. Didnt manage to get hooked up but learned some new tips. While heading in, hit a channel marker and went 2/3 cast on my first triple tail! 
Sarasota,Fl 
Fishing, Photography, Life

Replies

• permit_mepermit_me Posts: 847 Officer
    those picky tarpon. waited out the bite, it turned on but the were not eating crabs. They were busting smaller sardines it looked like.  we threw infront of several passing pods which i thought  we were sure to hook into. Skunked again. 
    So I figured i'd get us on tripletail, with tarpon gear. No tide and you pull in two with my only 2 old 4" gulps on board, well done. the second one went home with for dinner. That was my first attempt at the buggers this year. 
  • releasegearreleasegear Posts: 680 Officer
    nice job!!
    bornoffshore-sig.jpg

Mike Wilhite - Fisherman/President

Born Offshore Gear
    www.bornoffshore.com

'Performance Fishing Apparel'
  • TennesseeTarponTennesseeTarpon Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Will the tarpon stick around until August?
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 1,987 Captain
    In less numbers but will still be around 
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 10,179 AG
    Nice TT!   Congrats.

Typically, tarpon stay in our waters until they drop below about 70 degrees in the fall.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file