Lanark boat club

Can anyone give me any info on the boat club? I filled out info sheet along with launch fee and membership fee. I gigged at night so I put all in a zip lock bag and in the pay box at launch. Been at least 6 weeks. Should i be getting a membership card or something?? I emailed Wanda Barfield who's listed as "membership" contact from the website at Email- wandab1@mediacombb.net a couple weeks ago. No reply.

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,236 Captain
    I mailed mine in back in Jan. Got it back in less than 2 weeks. The way the mail runs, I thought it was a pretty quick turn around. 
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,002 Officer
    Glad to see you gigging again.  I really want to try this some time and learn this skill.  Post up some pics. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,054 Moderator
     Good to see you back on the water again Billy.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
    You did write a check, didn't you?
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,054 Moderator
    Slough said:
    You did write a check, didn't you?
    :)
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • ebryantebryant Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    Call Mike, He works the boat ramp.
    850-528-6766
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,612 Captain
    I mailed mine last week since we'll be in Lanark the week of July 4.  I hope it gets back in time.  I'll follow this thread and see what happens.
    Proverbs 13:3
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 636 Officer
    Don't stress about it guys. The Boat Culb has someone at the ramp every weekend morning. They can check on your membership. I'll bet they would let you launch and check on the paperwork for you later if you have an "honest face".  lol 
    It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,210 Moderator
    Don't stress about it guys. The Boat Culb has someone at the ramp every weekend morning. They can check on your membership. I'll bet they would let you launch and check on the paperwork for you later if you have an "honest face".  lol 
    I launch at night. I'm being honest by paying at all. ;)
    Mike was training a new guy last Sunday. 

Did you give Mike a call?
  • JTRJTR Posts: 952 Officer
    Has the popularity of Lanark and Carrabelle risen to the point that you have to be in a boat club to launch?

It's been a few years since we fished out of Carrabelle. Never had a problem launching or parking.
    Short version. Lanark Village Boat Club owns the ramp. They are a not for profit organization. They were profiting from the boat ramp fees. That's a problem for a non-profit. So the solution is to make everyone a member of the non-profit. It's all just IRS rules mumbo jumbo. 

All ramps in Carrabelle are open to the public and almost all charge a fee I believe. 
    It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
    Short version. Lanark Village Boat Club owns the ramp. They are a not for profit organization. They were profiting from the boat ramp fees. That's a problem for a non-profit. So the solution is to make everyone a member of the non-profit. It's all just IRS rules mumbo jumbo. 

All ramps in Carrabelle are open to the public and almost all charge a fee I believe. 
    I believe Timber Island is the only one left that does not charge.
    edited June 13 #15
    One other issue at Lanark is the tide and lack of channel markers. I had to cringe last weekend as I watched boat after boat run aground trying to return on a very low tide. There are no markers between the channel at the ramp and the pass thru Lanark Reef, and the shallowest part is right in the middle where you would think it would be the deepest. One guy in a 23' center console hit so hard he evidently spun the hub on his prop and had to get towed in. A number of folks had to get out and push. 

So be careful out there. There is a map at the ramp that shows where to go. The old red buoy that marked the turn is long gone. 

Honestly, if I had an offshore boat I would go on to Carrabelle. You will save yourself some headaches. 
    Run the coastline down to HoHum and turn out. NP
  • JTRJTR Posts: 952 Officer
    We will be returning to Carrabelle within the next week.

Anyone know if the Dockside Marina ramp is still open?
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,612 Captain
    Just saw that my check has been cashed.  I guess I should get my membership soon.
    Proverbs 13:3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file