A little common courtesy

I generally don't like to rant but what happened on Monday still has me fuming. Someone in  black pro-line parked right next to me while we were fishing on a spot south of Carabelle. I couldn't believe it...he anchored up 50' from us and started fishing. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed loading the boat while they watched without a nibble. But to make matters worse, another guy with no home training in a Grady tried to anchor in between us!!!

If I see someone fishing on "my number" I will adjust my course and start heading for a new spot. This is just simple common courtesy. I hope others will take this into consideration when they are out on the water. There's plenty of fish for everyone without having to resort to being a jerk.
25 Contender
17 Carolina Skiff

Replies

• seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,002 Officer
    edited June 13 #2

• seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,002 Officer
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,369 Admiral
    Sorry
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • DropTheHammerDropTheHammer East CoastPosts: 132 Deckhand

Q: How do hockey players stay cool?
    A: By sitting next to the fans.
    http://www.floridasportsman.com/2018/04/30/poor-mans-paella/
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 1,036 Moderator
    Unfortunately it happens although 50 ' away isn't bad. Courtesy is something lacking in today's world.
    "That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 2,016 Captain
    If you can’t find a limit of snapper now without getting  50’ from another boat, your a sorry captain
    You should have been here yesterday
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,210 Moderator
    Don't sound too secret of a number. Haha.. sorry about that.
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 636 Officer
    Welcome to "Snapper Season". 

It's almost as bad as "Scallop Season". 

Personally, I like "Football Season". That's when the weather is great, the fish are hungry, and the wannabes are off hunting or tailgating. 
    It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,220 Captain
    It's snapper season, leave your boat fenders on the sides  :p
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    lanier can be the same way...no problem really, I just be nice to em as its the world we live in and choose to get along with others
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 636 Officer
    You want em to bug out, just pull the cowling and act like you're having motor problems.  They will scurry away like roaches.   
    That's funny.   lol 
    It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,907 Admiral
    Funny because it's true.  First hand knowledge lol.    But it wasn't a ruse, i actually had motor issues.    
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,099 AG
    Same thing happens on a good bream bed. People just can't stand finding fish on their own.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • AnchorbaitAnchorbait CrawfordvillePosts: 34 Greenhorn
    Swamp, was this SE or SW of the pass? 
    You want em to bug out, just pull the cowling and act like you're having motor problems.  They will scurry away like roaches.   
    ^^^ this.   Lol
  • swampapeswampape Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Anchorbait it was SE of the pass. I think we should go back to the old school rule book...if I can cast an 8oz. sinker and hit your boat you're too close! 
    25 Contender
    17 Carolina Skiff
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,907 Admiral
    swampape said:
    Anchorbait it was SE of the pass. I think we should go back to the old school rule book...if I can cast an 8oz. sinker and hit your boat you're too close! 
    If you got braid and a spool with more than 200yds that changes things! 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • swampapeswampape Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Well it doesn't matter if it's 50' or 200 yard...if your not on the numbers you're not going to catch much of anything anyway. It's better for everyone just to keep on riding of someone else is on their number.
    25 Contender
    17 Carolina Skiff
  • eddiejoeeddiejoe Posts: 590 Officer
    This is an old problem that never goes away. I moaned about it at length last year.  Like the OP, if I see someone on “my” number I will go to another, not park on top of them.  Nor would I park near anyone else on natural bottom, but I would fish within reasonable distance on a large artificial reef.  

There is no fix for people and their habits. Sorry they ran up on you. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file