Fishing in Appalachicola

bradenredbradenred Posts: 19 Greenhorn
I'm trailering boat for vacation in St George Island next week and I'm wondering how fishing had been in bay. Any trout action in the bay?or Dog Island reef?
Any info would be appreciated.
Maybe I can return favor if you ever come down to Tampa area

Replies

• FishWithChrisFishWithChris TallahasseePosts: 137 Deckhand
    Fishing has been great - though we've had a ton of rain lately so the water has been fairly dark.   We had a tournament out of Lanark last weekend and did well, - we won, and fished a lot of the DIR area, lanark reef, etc...  All very common and public areas.    Some great redfish caught near the shoreline as well.   

Jigs and spoons across the bottom, and of course, big ol' topwaters.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark
  • bradenredbradenred Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    thank you for your input, if I can help you at any time if you come to tampa ,let me know
  • sandy1147sandy1147 Posts: 109 Deckhand
    Good advice Chris. Thank you. I love your quote! "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file