Corner or 120 buoy report?

i know the weather hasn’t cooperated lately so reports may be limited. Tuna or marlins? Going to try to make a trip this weekend. Any intel ?

Replies

• Day TripperDay Tripper Posts: 507 Officer
    Intel on that area left us years and years ago.  Now people don't talk.
  • Fish KillerFish Killer Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    ...sad but true.
  • Dr. BogasDr. Bogas Posts: 502 Officer
    Don't know if this will help you or not. We went to the 120 buoy back in early April. Arrived as the sun came up and got multiple hooks up every pass. Caught a bunch of dolphin up to 30 lbs also got a 40lb wahoo and many many break offs. No tuna and could not find any birds.   
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 233 Deckhand
    Wished I had the boat to go there however I fish often out of Bluepoints the tuna bite has been hit or miss most guys doing the otherside stuff have been heading south good luck
  • HUNTINTHEWILDHUNTINTHEWILD Posts: 69 Greenhorn
    What boat do you recommend to get to the other side.
    26ft or more big gas tank,  radar that can find birds. 
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 469 Deckhand
    i know the weather hasn’t cooperated lately so reports may be limited. Tuna or marlins? Going to try to make a trip this weekend. Any intel ?

Did you end up going ?
    I went  Sat not a bite and very few birds had to dodge a few rain storms. worst otherside trip I've ever had.
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 990 Officer
    Do you guys "check in" at the corner. There has been a debate on tht. Many say the bahamas claims all territory 200 miles north on west end.
  • sailsmeetingsailsmeeting OrlandoPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    I fish PC last weekend. Slow. I hope to make the run to the corner in the next week as weather is improving. Will report. 
  • fishhutfishhut Satellite BeachPosts: 13 Greenhorn
    You know what they say.... Big boat....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file