VENICE LA TRIP TIPS

Anyone ever been? Plan on getting some guys together and going next month or so to target some yellowfin and planned on staying on a house boat. Any recommendations where to stay, where/how to fish, etc. Thanks

Replies

• pottydocpottydoc Posts: 2,005 Captain
    Taking your boat, or chartering? You can find houseboats on VRBO, or call Venice Marina. If your chartering, Mexican Gulf Fishing or Relentless. If your fishing off your own boat, there's a guy named Captian Hoop you can hire to go with you. I would strongly suggest you get him or someone else. The fishings great out there, but having someone on board with local knowledge will get you on fish a lot faster. 
  • tunahoundtunahound Posts: 345 Deckhand
    I fished there last month. We fished with MGF Captain Jordan Ellis and couldn't be happier. Jordan put us on the yellowfin ( 100 - 80lb ) first thing in the morning, and then put us on two swordfish. The next day we fished for tiles and Jordan put us on a very good bite. I highly recommend him.  We stayed on a houseboat in the marina. If you need contact numbers PM me.  Jay 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file