Anyone hunting Pythons in Florida?

FLpythonFLpython TamaracPosts: 3 Greenhorn

Hey there! Are there any individuals participating in the python hunt for the Florida Everglades? I’m in the casting department at Renegade83 and we’re looking for people that are hunting the snakes for a docu-series on a major cable network. If this is something that interests you or maybe somebody that you know, please feel free to reach out to me or our casting director at the email below.

casting@renegade83.com

Thanks!

Adison

🐍

Replies

• 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 761 Officer
    edited June 1 #2
    @TurnerRiverTerror,
    Now THAT would be a show to watch. Course you will need an R rating, is that ok?
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 415 Deckhand
    edited June 1 #3
    ^I'd tune in for that!

Funny, yesterday I took the online training and filed for a removal permit.  You have to get 3 on your own before you can apply as a paid contractor.  Was considering it just for the experience.  I don't think $8.25/hr as an independent contractor quite works lol  Not even the 15/hr on the 'special' units.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 744 Officer
    spangler said:
    ^I'd tune in for that!

Funny, yesterday I took the online training and filed for a removal permit.  You have to get 3 on your own before you can apply as a paid contractor.  Was considering it just for the experience.  I don't think $8.25/hr as an independent contractor quite works lol  Not even the 15/hr on the 'special' units.
    Just drive alligator alley in December and January. I saw one or two every time I drove it last year. They are thick out there now. 
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,077 Admiral
    I'll do It !
    Me and Roseann...winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • FLpythonFLpython TamaracPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hey yall! Great to see people are interested. You can PM me or just email the provided email if you're interested!

Best,
    Adison
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,475 Captain
    edited June 4 #7
    I'll do It !
    Me and Roseann...winning..
    You'd make a good one with her.  I'd even watch it.  I'm talking catching snakes.
    I think she's hiding one under that t shirt.

• gladesmangladesman Posts: 825 Officer
    What is the pay scale renegade - hi and lo  range would suffice. That would generate interest - I think.
    OR are y'all looking for hunters to volunteer?
    Here's one that didn't get away from a couple of beginners with a cheap big knife and a 5 ft stick - 90 minutes later -
  • FLpythonFLpython TamaracPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    I'm not at liberty to say what the pay is (also I just don't know!). The head of our casting department has all that information, but...

THERE IS PAYMENT.

Just to be clear! Please feel free to message me, I'll give you as much info as I can possibly give and I can get you in contact with our casting director.

Thanks!

• binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,443 Admiral
    Is nicole doing this?
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 415 Deckhand
    For those interested..

FWC has "has removed obstacles to killing pythons year-round."

You can now hunt conditional reptiles in these WMAs year round
    From the brochure

Non-Native Reptiles:

May be taken year round.

Permit, Stamp and License Requirements - no permit or licensing required

Legal to take - Non-native reptiles including Conditional Reptiles: such as the Indian python, Burmese python, reticulated python, Northern African/rock python, Southern African python, amethystine python, scrub python, green anaconda and Nile monitor.

Regulations unique to removal of non-native reptiles -

1. Non-native reptiles may be taken by methods other than guns year round.
    2. During the open hunting seasons summarized in this brochue, guns(as allowed during each season) may be used to take non-native reptiles, and from March 4 through April 14 guns other than centerfire rifles may be used to take non-native reptiles.
    3. Conditional Reptiles shall not be removed from the area alive.
    4. Shooting hours are ½ hour before sunrise until ½ after sunset.
    5. Please report take and sightings of Conditional Reptiles at 888-IVE-GOT1 (888-483-4681) or online at IveGot1.org.

So if I’m in big cypress hiking or biking I have to let the snake go?
  • Big MakBig Mak Posts: 1,621 Captain
    I gotta tell you... I've never needed fwc to tell me it was ok to kill a wild invasive. In particular, these snakes have ALWAYS been a target on my hit list of opportunity, regardless of when or where I see them. Guess I've been a law breaker until now...

Taking umpteen years to legislate open, year round harvest for something like this is just more evidence of the lack of fwc using good biological science practices to manage their share of the states resources rather than their typical way of managing through political "science" .... See snake, shoot snake. End of story.
    Big Mak said:
    I gotta tell you... I've never needed fwc to tell me it was ok to kill a wild invasive. In particular, these snakes have ALWAYS been a target on my hit list of opportunity, regardless of when or where I see them. Guess I've been a law breaker until now...

Taking umpteen years to legislate open, year round harvest for something like this is just more evidence of the lack of fwc using good biological science practices to manage their share of the states resources rather than their typical way of managing through political "science" .... See snake, shoot snake. End of story.
    I have got to wonder why the state can’t issue a statement of “conditional reptile species when found can be killed at anytime in any location by legal methods in that area”. Why can’t the state just have a blanket “regulation” like that?
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,443 Admiral
    Imagine the money wasted printing brochures and everything else that has been wasted...not to mention the aborigines they brought in to eradicate them at some 250k dollars
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,077 Admiral
    Yea..But it's good Press , and Your payin for it so it's a Win Win.....
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 940 Officer
    H20dad said:
    So if I’m in big cypress hiking or biking I have to let the snake go?
    Yes, as long as you separate his head from his body first!.....I’ve only ran into one so far and he wasn’t able to make it back to the canal, he was trying though.
    Tail wagging the dog on FWC's authorizing open season on pythons especially in Big Cypress - KSS has been working fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file