06/04/2018 Out of Redfish pass steady west wind 10 to 15 knots

It has been awhile since i have been out got a call from Tileman he is in need of a fishing fix. I am not too eager to go out with a steady west winds we have been having the  seas just keep building.  Before i can say no to the trip he is at my door ready to go with enough chum for two trips. OK we will run to the marina load the boat and head out . Like normal with a west wind the sound is not too bad but it did have a steady chop. Once were were in the pass we could see the breakers on both sides of the pass as we motored out, not a good sign. We cleared the green marker it was 2 to 4`s  and more. after running a few miles Frank agreed it was not worth the slow run out as it may get worse.
  We spent some time fishing the flats by Chino and York Island. Drift was pretty fast. Frank took home a nice 16 inch trout and we released a blacktip shark  that hit a jig that we cast into a pod of bait, in an instant it was hit .
It was still time on the water.
larrywitt

Replies

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 598 Officer
    was a little on the bumpy side... ive become spoiled with having owned cats for the last few years.... The Glacier Bay rode great, but the bigger World Cat is just in a different class.... hard to step on a monohull these days...
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,066 Officer
    Well Larry we'll get'm next time. Still nice to get on the water with good friends.
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file