Miamimuttonman reef fishing lates reports muttons and more

the reef fishing is on fire, the muttons are biting on live and dead ballyhoo in depths between 125 and 160 ft there’s mahi coming to the boat on most trips,  so have those toss rods ready we have been Getting some real nice black fins on the flat line and king fish and mahi also are on the reef. 
I haven’t been targeting many yellowtails lately because the mutton bite is red hot with multiple hook ups very common and most bits get hit within a minute. Happy customers and fish filled coolers is always my goal. I haven’t been posting much here bc I’m still trying to figure out how to post pics in this new forum any tips would be apreciated, meanwhile see pics and videos at www.instagram.com/miamimuttonman

Replies

• KwallaceKwallace Boca RatonPosts: 18 Greenhorn
    Good report.  Do you typically like to anchor or do you do drifts?
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 168 Deckhand
    He anchors.  He uses methods used by commercial fishermen.  He learned from the best, and then perfected it.  I won't take any more of his thunder since teaching others is his business.  But, yes, for muttons the preferred method is anchoring.  And, current is everything.
  • micklej2micklej2 Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    To post pictures click on last icon to the right of the capital B then click choose file then click photo library choose your photos by clicking on them then click done. Photos should upload. Hope this helps I enjoy seeing those big mutton’s you post.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,915 Admiral
    I follow him on IG and on Facebook, and seriously he's always got pictures of flag yellowtails and muttons.    Or whatever else he's targeting.  One of these days i'm going to have to have him take me out.   
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 990 Officer
    Does he chum??
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,915 Admiral
    @Barrell
    I believe you have to pay for the pleasure of his secrets and company :D  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 990 Officer
     I chum at least 20 pounds when snapper fishing. I was just curious.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 239 Deckhand
    edited June 9 #9
    Barrell said:
    Does he chum??
    He takes 100 lbs....seriously! 

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• ClassifiedInfoClassifiedInfo Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    What area are you fishing?

• The ParkerThe Parker Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    I never yellowtail with less than six boxes and double ground is the best

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file