2018 Bash June 8-10 at the Moorings

micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,105 AG

Per the replies the Moorings got the vote and the date will be June 8-10. Hope as many that can will show up this year.

I have reserved 10 rooms under my name (FS Bash/Tommy) and if we fill all 10 we will receive a discounted price like years past. If you have already reserved a room contact the Moorings and let them know you are part of the Bash so you get the discount.

If you wish to help with anything please let me know and I'll add your name to the list. Thanks in advance for those that pitch in and help. Please remind me if I am leaving anything out.

Food Saturday night-  Sides are welcomed.

Loyd- 7 layer salad. 

Stanwill- cole slaw. baked beans, and potato salad

Waterdog is cooking the meat and letting us borrow Grillzilla

Micci_Man- pulled pork and a side or two for Saturday night.

Micci_Man-  Metal pans for meat

Food Friday night- LCB from BIL 1 batch and 1 batch from the GA crew.

Loyd- dip

Micci_Man- Metal pans for LCB

Trophies- Chuck

Shirts- Pam and Loyd

Raffle prizes- Micci_Man,  BIL, Cranfield, ferris, Trophy Creek Outfitters & Pawn (JT Surles- Monticello FL)

Plates, paper, etc.- Ande

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,800 Captain

I will do the LCB Friday as usual if no objections and will provide enough for 1 batch.

Carson,Fred and Chuck will provide the 2nd batch.

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,886 Captain
    edited February 23 #3

I am good for bringing white goods, plates, plastic & paper-towels. 
    God, save the South!
  • loydDloydD GeorgiaPosts: 93 Greenhorn
    We will bring dip for Friday night and 7 layer salad Saturday night.   Need to know what type shirts everyone is interested in.  Plan to have more color on the fish on the shirts this year.   
    Lovely Loyd
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,612 Captain
    I've started liking the long sleeve shirts, lloyD.  Very comfortable!
    Proverbs 13:3

I will do the LCB Friday as usual if no objections and will provide enough for 1 batch.

Carson,Fred and Chuck will provide the 2nd batch.

We can get some crawfish??
    Lovely Loyd
  • stanwillstanwill Posts: 380 Deckhand
    I will be at the bash again this year along with my crowd of 6 or 7 additional folks as usual 
    Will bring a couple of sides for Sat nite.
    Just an old ,fat man that likes to fish

Good deal look forward to seeing ya'll

Well, I will miss again.  Lora is retiring from the school system after 37 years.  Her retirement party will be the 8th of June.  Y'all have a blast and take lots of pictures.  I'm guessing Lora won't look here as the party is a surprise!
    Cheers!
    God, save the South!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,105 AG
    Just over a week away. Looks to be the smallest crowd since I've started attending per the post attendance. We'll still have a great time though. See y'all soon.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Looking forward to it. We've picked up some good raffle prizes this year too. Hate it for all ya'll that will miss it.
    I picked up over 100 paper plates and 10 links of andouille sausage for the Friday night.
    God, save the South!
    Be good!
  • stanwillstanwill Posts: 380 Deckhand
    My crew and I will bring cole slaw. baked beans, and potato salad, for Sat, night,
    Just an old ,fat man that likes to fish

I updated the list. Thanks!

Ande- you have a PM

Replied thanks!
    God, save the South!
    I bought more Andouille sausage for the boil on Friday night and water and paper towels. I will gather more white goods today.
    God, save the South!
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,472 Officer
    Are there any additional items that need to be brought?
    edited June 5 #20

Check out the list for sides above for Saturday night. If you think more are needed feel free to grab one.

Fans may be needed. I have a couple extension cords and a 4 way plug if needed. I was told the yellow flies were horrid at the Moorings last weekend so I'll get some insect repellant. Maybe someone will have that stuff you paint on jugs that they stick to??? I think Quin used to bring it but I haven't heard from him so far this year.

Fold out tables is something else that will come in handy and useful.

• LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,472 Officer
    10-4.....

The flies are brutal at my house in north Crawfordville, I can only imagine how special they will be at the Moorings
    Tanglefoot!

God, save the South!
    Coca~Cola & more bottled water.  An Ice Cooler. Are some things I can think of.
    God, save the South!
    We have two 20 inch fans that we are bringing.  Thanks for the heads up on the bugs... 
    Lovely Loyd

Me and Bennet are both bringing big fans.

I got bowls and plastic forks spoons and knives today.
    I did not buy any plastic cups as most of us have our own sippie cup.
    God, save the South!
    Thanks Ande! No cups needed.
  • QuinngfnQuinngfn Posts: 487 Deckhand
    I know this is last minute info from me, but I'm at the age, I don't plan anything beyond a couple of days.. sorry.
    I will bring the green cooler, but I'm not going to stock it as in the past.  The last couple of years saw quite a bit of leftover after the bash and I don't drink the stuff anymore so gave it away.  Not so smart of me, I guess.  I will instead of 'just beer', add some soft drinks, cans or whatever to accommodate more participates.
    Additionally, I didn't do bug jugs at my house yet, because the YF just haven't shown up in abundance.  Note, they are a pain in the wazoo to do, but worth it when needed.  Maybe, putting them up here for the past 10 years has cut into the breeding population.  I do have an old box fan and cord to help in that regard.
    For those who might wonder why I'm only around for the bash every year,  I visit the forum fairly regular as a guest but never post for the lack of useful input.. subscribing to the adage, that old folks should be seen and not heard. :smile:
    'Sorry to see some folk who we haven't seen at a bash in a long time, and some we've never met, not be able to make it again this year.
    'Hope there is a nice turnout, and I will be happy to see you all.  qg  :)  
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,794 Captain
    Hope everyone has a great time, avoids the bugs, and catches fish.

The outside chance we had of coming was blown away by the storm.

Maybe next year ...  is early June the usual date?

We're already signed up for SGI the first week of next May.

The new "11 months ahead" policy shut us out for this Fall.

( Did manage to find a good spot at Fort Pickens in late October. )

• CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,291 Officer
    I hope everyone has a good time and please post lots of pics and stories, us "absent friends" really appreciate that. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file