Grouper opener

So where are all the glowing reports proving the wisdom of a six month closure?? After all they have us trained like monkeys to jump at the banana of opening day!
Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,294 Moderator
    They are coming. I'm thinking they went back out ..

"You'll get your weather"
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,240 Captain
    Nice ones
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,009 Officer
    Those are from 2010, I had a hernia repaired Tuesday so I’ll have to wait a bit...That’ll give the big ones that got away lips time to heal😎😎
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • ALVALV Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Got 2.......26" and 29".  One on a live 6" live catfish and the other, believe it or not, on a free lined squirrel fish with about 50 feet of line out.  Don't know where he was in the water column.  Went to 60 feet from the Barge Canal.  Tons of bait.  Water temp 83 degrees. Sorry no picks, was by myself.  Highlight of the day was catching 5 "Slippery ****" on a 6 hook sibiki !  Not one ARS.  Caught them at these numbers last year.  Love this stuff.......... B)
  • mr.bubbamr.bubba Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    We went out bright and early before the crowd got there. Headed out to 40 feet. Moved around a lot. Caught around 25 shorts 4 would have been keepers by old rules. Did manage 1 that was 28 inches. Saw 2 small cobia. This was the first one caught for the season. She was right at 24 so we let her go to be safe. 
  • Rosco2969Rosco2969 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Bite was off an on over all a great day. Got 10 keepers had to throw two back. 5 fish over 10 pounds biggest was 14 pounds. 
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 821 Officer
    edited June 2 #8
    Landed 8 trolling in 35'-45'. 5 were shorts (20"-24") a 31" that I kept, and a 25" and a 26" that I released. The bite was good early, and and then picked up again about 1 in the afternoon.

Calm seas all day made for easy running both out and back in.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Nice fishing been home w/bronchitis :(
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,818 Captain
    Morning in 18ft was real slow, like in no bites. Made a move back into 15ft and Gail nails two cobias, short so tagged and released. Grouper bite at anchor got going with 23in shorts being the rule for the day. Annoying, considering we were releasing 30 inches fish just a week ago. That's shallow water grouper fishing, seems the norm every year.  Gumbo is still around, where we were. Weeds were bad, like in hay field bad( trolling is probably over in shallow.) 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,818 Captain
    Get well Mike!! 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Thanks Tom
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,140 Captain
    I rode with Butch and his wife Barbara yesterday. We had our 3 man limit by noon. Caught keepers trolling in 35 ft and the others bottom fishing in 55-65 ft. Tons of big red snapper in the deeper spots. They are mostly all 24"-26" and pull as hard as gags.  

Went out again today for some diving. Visibility on the bottom in 35 ft was bad. Still lots of gumbo down there. But it is starting to decay and should be gone in a few more days. 
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 818 Officer
    awesome reports
    BTW , Welcome aboard Rosco2969  !!!  Nice haul.
  • Rosco2969Rosco2969 Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks Captin Louie long time watcher. Just needed to make a post finally. 
    Rosco2969 said:
    Thanks Captin Louie long time watcher. Just needed to make a post finally. 
    Looking forward to more.  ;)
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,376 Officer
    Nice catch Rosco! Thanks for the post.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file