What has happened to this site????

gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,516 Captain

Why are the posted pics so large? We cannot view them

Why does the menu on the right cover most of the post?

Can these issues be fixed?

"sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972

Replies

• gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,516 Captain
    Also why does the pop up window come up every time I change posts?
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,293 Officer

Yeah I see the extra large pics covered with a menu too.

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 415 Deckhand
    I'm not having the same issues, but my setup is prob dif then most.  What browser are you guys using?  I'm using firefox
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,107 AG
    I notice if I post pics directly from my PC they are large and covered like you say. If I post them from a hosting site they are normal size and not covered. I get the pop up from home using IE and FF but not at work...
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • DrKDrK Posts: 230 Deckhand
    I have two computers on my desk.  One microsoft based- does that.  Other is chrome based and doesn't do that.  Why? I don't have a clue.

I have windows10

Let me try on chrome

OK chrome did the trick now why do I keep getting this pop up:

FLORIDA SPORTSMAN FORUMS
    • COOKIE POLICY

We use cookies to improve your browsing experience and help us improve our websites. For more information, please click here. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our use of such cookies.

• PRIVACY POLICY

Our Privacy Policy has changed. For more information, please click here. By continuing to use our website, you agree to the changes.

• TERMS OF SERVICE

Our Terms of Service have changed. For more information, please click here. By continuing to use our website, you agree to the changes.

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 8,412 Admiral
    Y'all have seen all the spam on this site?

admin fail, or just don't give a crap..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 7,443 Admiral
    random music pops up now, its really bad needs an overhaul
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 6,866 Admiral
    random music pops up now, its really bad needs an overhaul
    Might want to check your setting and also install some sort of adblocker as I get none of what is being complained about. Site works good with unobtrusive adds and nothing autoplays.

https://adblockplus.org/ works and it still lets basic adds through so the site still gets advertising dollars.....which it must have so we can continue to use it for FREE.............

Your computer should have a setting that disables autoplay.
    edited May 18 #12
    I don't have any issues either.  I've got NoScript, uBlock and HTTPS everywhere installed as add ons to firefox.  All free.

It's good to have these, not just to avoid the mentioned problems, but they protect your computer from security vulnerabilities.

Be warned, some web sites will look vastly different than you are used to and some flat out won't work.  If I HAVE to go to one of these websites, I open chrome and then close it when I'm done.  Just know when you have to do that, there are known security vulnerabilities associated with the platforms those websites are using.
    edited May 18 #13
    And uh yeah, this forum is loaded with known security vulnerabilities.  The login isn't even secure.....
    Never mind the fact that it doesn't appear to be moderated AT ALL!!!
  • DJWDJW Posts: 528 Officer
    Used to work in Tapatalk app too.
  • gritsnhuntin1gritsnhuntin1 Posts: 767 Officer
    spangler said:
    Never mind the fact that it doesn't appear to be moderated AT ALL!!!
    What happened to panhandler?
  • Hill8Hill8 Brooklyn, New York, United StatesPosts: 8 Greenhorn
    I have the same problem! I don't know why the admins does not say something about the issue. I hope it will be fixed soon
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,077 Admiral
    I'm about 40% on computer knowledge and I have no problems.
    Maybe some of ya'll are pushing too many buttons..?
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • tampaspicertampaspicer Posts: 198 Deckhand
    I liked the old site better. A lot of forums have upgraded and the upgrades are bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file