Nikon D40

Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,422 AG
edited May 21 in Photography Corner #1
I have had this camera for 10 or 12 years and never properly learned to use it.  I am going out West in a couple of weeks and would like to take it and try some getting some pictures.  Is there one lens I can get for this camera that would serve as a general all-purpose lens?

I understand I will sacrifice some quality, but I really don't want to take two lenses.  
Vote for the other candidate

Replies

• JWTJWT Posts: 348 Deckhand
    what are you mainly interested in photographing? landscapes? groups (family)? - assuming you currently have a lens...... what is that? depending on your primary interest, the answers could vary........
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,422 AG
    JWT said:
    what are you mainly interested in photographing? landscapes? groups (family)? - assuming you currently have a lens...... what is that? depending on your primary interest, the answers could vary........
    Mostly landscapes, but I'm sure there will be a few shots of any of interesting things we may see. 

• Kit includes 3x 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens
  • JWTJWT Posts: 348 Deckhand
    that lens range is good as an all purpose short zoom. out west is a pretty big place so you might look at a 55-200 to bring it in a bit. but if you are looking to go light & simple, go with whatcha have. the best camera is the one you have with you :)
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,422 AG
    JWT said:
    that lens range is good as an all purpose short zoom. out west is a pretty big place so you might look at a 55-200 to bring it in a bit. but if you are looking to go light & simple, go with whatcha have. the best camera is the one you have with you :)
    Many thanks, I'll be taking your advice and stick with what I have,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file