New material

Can we have something else posted in this site.Mr.
Wifflelure has been running too long!

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,421 AG
    I caught more fish on a shrimp tipped bucktail than any other artificial.  My biggest fish was a 39" snook in the Faka Union Canal. I can't remember the mile marker, but it was West of the no wake zone. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 312 Deckhand
      I'm aware of the narrows between Faka Union and
    Fakachee Bay,but Faka Union Canal I am not. 
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 961 Officer
    I have caught just about everything you can on a DOA C.A.L. Paddle Tale tipped with shrimp including a 42" snook, tarpon, and bonefish. Now I can hardly catch anything with it. I switched to other artificials. Different times I guess.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
       My preferred method of fishing is throwing topwater plugs.To me
    nothing more exciting when a snook slams into a topwater.
       However,and this happen yesterday a big snook slams the plug
    and misses.My thought she slamming the plug with her tail and
    no hookup.
       Any suggestions on increasing my strikes?
  • BobberBobber Posts: 876 Officer
    Win-Car is finally reopened! 
    And theyve got Mr Wifflelures!

10kman said:
      I'm aware of the narrows between Faka Union and
    Fakachee Bay,but Faka Union Canal I am not. 
    It runs from Port of the Islands, turns in to the Faka Union before dumping into Faka Union Bay.  It's marked the entire way.
    Thanks,Mister,I've used it many times but call it that*****canal.Hate that forever
    no wake zone.
    10kman said:
    Thanks,Mister,I've used it many times but call it that*****canal.Hate that forever
    no wake zone.
    Yea, I've been back and forth in that canal a bunch. Sometimes I would troll a gold spoon on the way out and get my tackle ready to fish.

More than once, I have been chased back to the Port in a thunderstorm with the hammer down until I came to the houses on the canal.  Very short then.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,077 Admiral
    Fun Fact..If theirs no GFC truck with an empty trailer at the ramp..well..There's no GFC Patrol boat in the Canal...just thought you should know..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Thanks,but that only works on way down,bit more
    careful coming back.

• nobleonenobleone Posts: 46 Greenhorn
    I didn't think one 20" trout or big sailcats going after the topwater this weekend was worthy of this board....  Now, the new Mercury 115 pro xs hanging from the back of my skiff might be.

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 961 Officer
    Yes it is. I would like that too.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn
    Fun Fact..If theirs no GFC truck with an empty trailer at the ramp..well..There's no GFC Patrol boat in the Canal...just thought you should know..

I wish that were true.  But alas, it is false information.

Signed,

Port of the Islands Resident

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 5,077 Admiral
    Well..just go look at the slip where GFC keeps their boat my friend...
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • MegalopsAtlanticusMegalopsAtlanticus Port of the Islands, FLPosts: 91 Greenhorn
    Your post advised to look for a truck and trailer.

But yes, their boat often in its own slip.  Yet, not full time.  But when two officers are on duty, its not uncommon for one to be on patrol by boat, while the other is on patrol in the truck, traveling along US 41.

Regardless, this is probably the wrong forum in which to be promoting the violation of boating and resource protection regulations.

FWC will also often patrol locally from Caxambas Pass. As will the Collier County Sherrif marine patrol. And they all like to hang out in the Faka Union as long as the bugs aren't bad.  

Carry on.  But lets keep it legal.
    "Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file