Deep drop help green turtle / treasure cay

Hey guys
Wanted to reach out to the community to ask for a little help for my father in law. He is over in treasure for a month or so. Can’t get his old waypoints to load into his Garmin. Thinking maybe it needs an update. Anyways if anyone could help with a few areas or spots worth trying around treasure / green turtle or even hope town area  it would be most appreciated. Not looking to take anyone’s honey holes by any means. Just wanted to try to point him in the right direction if possible. Thanks in advance for those that can help
John Paul Canzio
Sea 'N Double
39 Sea Vee

Replies

• ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,073 Captain
    Hey,

I went to GTC a couple years ago and just went out to 300 and 600-650 Ft and found action on my sounder screen.  It helps to have at least a 1Kw transducer and higher end gear, but it was totally doable simply going to those depths and look around.  Throw out a couple small trolling baits, zig zig over the areas watching the screen, and hit mark when you find something interesting.  Depending on the time of day, you are likely to pick up some blackfin tuna and then go back and deepdrop. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JpcanzioJpcanzio Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Thank you will relay the message. I appreciate it 
    John Paul Canzio
    Sea 'N Double
    39 Sea Vee
  • BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 168 Deckhand
    I don't keep any numbers over there but I have done well NE of Whale and I found a few holes that I have dropped on and got some fish.  Like what shoeless said, cover some ground in the 400-1200ft range and if you see an bump or a hole mark it and fish.  They are there. I got my fish around 680 I believe.  (button snapper and 1 grouper)  Good luck. If you mark a good number send it to me.  I will be over in July! Ha
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com
  • JpcanzioJpcanzio Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Will do for sure thank you
    John Paul Canzio
    Sea 'N Double
    39 Sea Vee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file