friday muttons

skipped work Friday and it paid off. One short of a limit. Could only get 4 small runners so decided to stay nearshore and not mahi hunt. Trolled north of Jupiter inlet first thing 110' to 150' along a nice weed line with only one hit, lost it after a little fight. Went south of the Juno pier to start bottom fishing expecting to drift north. South tide and drifting inshore slowly  :*  so reset to 150' and dropped down a frozen sardine and up pops the largest mutton of the day :) . All of the keepers were caught in 115' to 150' between Jupiter inlet and the pier. Had 6 other muttons between 16" and 17 1/2" :s caught in 100' to 90' . My runners were hit freelined but couldn't get a hook to stick.

Replies

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,276 Officer
    Nice catch.
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Thanks for your detailed report that encourages me to try the bottom again!  :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,073 Captain
    Nicely done!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • privateer19privateer19 Posts: 334 Deckhand
    nice muttons thanks for the report.
  • CudaJuiceCudaJuice Hobe SoundPosts: 7 Greenhorn
    Also went out Friday and did well on the mutton’s! Same area just a little more shallow.  90’ 
  • CudaJuiceCudaJuice Hobe SoundPosts: 7 Greenhorn

• Luv2BoatLuv2Boat JupiterPosts: 17 Greenhorn
    Nice job! Used to have days like this all the time out of Palm Beach inlet , not so much these days so I got to give it to you! good work!
  • earpearp Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    I need to find the muttons!
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,113 Captain
    good dill, nice catch
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file