Panasoffkee 4/22/18

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,293 Moderator
Fished a club tournament and it was a tough day. Myself and several others spent practice days prior to Sunday looking for fish with the same results. Nothing ?  One member got on some bass in the river but got almost skunked on tournament day. He had one 15oz fish at the scales..  
 The vegetation is all but gone from the past flood and with the winds of late the water is dirty. There are tons of small fry and minnows so there is food. Was told by a resident they had a fish kill during the flood. Another bass club a month prior had a winning stringer of 21lbs so the fish are there. Somewhere..
I got lucky and won with 4 fish that went less than 10 lbs. My big fish was 4.12.  No one had a limit and only 5 anglers had bass !
Another month or so and the hydrilla will grow making the bass easier to target. Did see some panfish beds so the shellcrackers and bluegills that make the lake famous should be good.
Oh , one club member caught a tagged bass worth 100 bucks !  So there is always that chance.
Good luck out there.  

"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,148 Officer
    Way to go Louie.  All I've been catching are those pesky spotted bass in Lanier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file