Change of seasons...

We slayed some bottom fish last summer.  Ended up having a really good few months of alligator hunting after that.  Deer season... Eh, not so much! 

Gator hides ship tomorrow after a few hours of shipping prep.  

Boat is currently on the hard.  I'll have a few more components by Wednesday for some electronics upgrade.  Have every intention of releasing some pent up deer frustration on as many unsuspecting fish as possible!

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,815 Moderator

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,628 Captain
    I feel your pain on the deer hunting!  Only able to hunt the last half of the season and really didn't see anything worthy of a shot.  Hoping for a reasonable snapper regulation.  Have they made any 2018 reg announcements?
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,128 Officer
    We didn't have a very good deer season either.  Not many people I talked to did.

What do you do with all of those gator hides?

Livin' the Dream !
    LilOrange said:
    We didn't have a very good deer season either.  Not many people I talked to did.

What do you do with all of those gator hides?

Stockpile.  Basically just a really terrible retirement plan.  ;-)  

One of these days I hope to have enough to trust some garment / upholstery folks to just go nuts.  That way I won't have to worry about it.

Klinger said:
    I feel your pain on the deer hunting!  Only able to hunt the last half of the season and really didn't see anything worthy of a shot.  Hoping for a reasonable snapper regulation.  Have they made any 2018 reg announcements?

No clue.  I quit paying attention a long time ago.  My boat has been out for almost a month, and has about another 3 weeks before it's even back in.  Once I have all the projects wrapped up, I'll just hope for some good weather.  If the weather cooperates and needlefish are still legal, I'm going to have a fresh fish dinner!
  • anglingarchitectanglingarchitect Posts: 1,482 Officer
    Sorry about your deer season. my top season is usually good for me seeing lots of does (that i pass on) until the rut. Then maybe a decent buck after the rut. This last year was awesome not much time in the woods until just before Thanksgiving went for a week got a good buzz night before my first hunt, it was suppose to rain so nobody went out but me sat another guys stand with a roof saw a few deer, does, yearlings. then as I'm packing up i see a nice 7 pointer step out of the wood line. put a good shot on him he ran 20 feet, drove up loaded him and back to camp to skin, and quarter, went hunting that afternoon saw nothing, went back to my roofed stand that i hunted the evening before.started snowing a daylight about another nice 8pt steps out and drt, 185#'s. no more for me. Two consecutive mornings two nice bucks  I can't top that.
    rent my beach house
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,116 Admiral
    I'm way late getting started with fishing. Time to GO FISH!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file