Mass shooting in Nashville

cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 23,535 AG
Now we have to declare gun safe zones around Waffle House. How the heck does this happen, nobody was carrying at a danged Waffle House? 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Four people were killed and several others were injured in a shooting at a Waffle House in Tennessee early Sunday, authorities said. The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department identified the suspect as 29-year-old Travis Reinking of Morton, Illinois, who was still at large Sunday afternoon.

Reinking arrived at the Waffle House parking lot in Antioch around 3 a.m. local time. He exited his truck and began firing an AR-15 at two people outside the restaurant, Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said. He then went inside the restaurant and opened fire.

Authorities discovered two magazines of AR-15 ammunition in a green jacket Reinking left behind. "He clearly came armed with a lot of firepower to devastate the south Nashville area," Aaron said.

"There is a chance that Reinking is at large with two other weapons," he added. Police said they were not aware any motives for the shooting.

"We suspect some mental issues but at this time there's no notes, no verbal explanations so we don't have a motive at this time," Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson said in a news conference Sunday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/waffle-house-shooting-tennessee-today-live-updates-2018-04-22/

Mini Mart Magnate

Replies

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,715 Admiral
    Another thread said he was nekked. That should have set off a couple of alarms if true? Or did I misread that?
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 9,611 Admiral
    edited April 22 #3
    You didn't misread it.

Here is another article on the topic: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/naked-gunman-still-large-latest-150834383.html

It appears as if his dad gave him back his guns after they were taken from him.

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,599 Captain
    Few observations.

No one else had a weapon, even behind the counter

The hero ripped it from his arms and did not beat the chit out of him, but tossed it over the counter?

The hero burned his hands? How many rounds fired to produce burns?

Why is the vast majority of these killers pasty white nerds?

I never heard of cops confiscating guns and giving them to the dad.

Projected the hero saved dozens of lives at 3 am. Have you been at a Waffle House at 3 am? There is no one there but me.

My dad had diners in the 50's and 60's In Tennessee. You better believe he was packing along with other staff. 

This dude is going down soon!

• Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 442 Deckhand
    AC Man said:
    Few observations.

No one else had a weapon, even behind the counter

The hero ripped it from his arms and did not beat the chit out of him, but tossed it over the counter?

The hero burned his hands? How many rounds fired to produce burns?

Why is the vast majority of these killers pasty white nerds?

I never heard of cops confiscating guns and giving them to the dad.

Projected the hero saved dozens of lives at 3 am. Have you been at a Waffle House at 3 am? There is no one there but me.

My dad had diners in the 50's and 60's In Tennessee. You better believe he was packing along with other staff. 

This dude is going down soon!

Pasty white nerds because they are the ones who get picked on in school.  They are told they are privileged because of their skin color and then are marginalized by students of other colors.  Instead of doing something positive they find others like them either online or in person and they talk about their mistreatment and marginalization.  Eventually the mentally weak ones succumb to a desire to either get even or do something to be talked about by everyone.  This ends up as the end result at times.  Immature minds take things in different ways.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,703 AG
    The hero was right to do it with bare arms. 
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,022 Admiral
    I think we should wait until all the real facts come out. The injury I saw was a gash on his lower arm. 
    As with all incidents the news media sensationalize everything.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 638 Officer
    The hero was right to do it with bare arms. 
    I'm share if he had a gun with him the pasty white boy wouldn't have been able to run away.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,715 Admiral
    One of the biggest problems with these rifles is that people don’t utilize them to there full potential. The guy should have used it like a club instead of throwing it away. Also would have been easy to aim a couple of good kicks if there was a target dangling around.
       Kidding aside, that moron probably went in the woods and offed himself. We can hope, anyway.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,277 AG
    I think we should wait until all the real facts come out. The injury I saw was a gash on his lower arm. 
    As with all incidents the news media sensationalize everything.

Vote for the other candidate
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,986 Admiral

Y'all sure are an imaginative lot.  
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file