USS Helena - WWII wreck found

Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,009 AG

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,858 Admiral
    That is cool. Good way to spend his money.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 6,986 Admiral
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,009 AG
    My grandmother and my mother knew the ship was sunk in the battle of the Solomon Islands (South Pacific).
    They had no idea if he had survived the sinking. It wasn't until some time later that they were at a movie theater and during the War Time Movie News that a camera did a pan shot of sailors on a rescue ship that they had saw him. That is how they found he he survived.

Well done Grandpa!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,272 Captain
    edited April 22 #5
    No whatsapp at the time  :D
    I can imagine their feel when they had saw he was rescued.

So your grandpa has been part of the legendary Pacific war ?
    What he told you about ?
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing with my "pasta hole" closed :grin !
    Being politically correct is a self-inflicted slavery.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,009 AG
    No whatsapp at the time  :D
    I can imagine their feel when they had saw he was rescued.

So your grandpa has been part of the legendary Pacific war ?
    What he told you about ?

This all came down from my GM and Mom. He passed when I was very young. Fortunately they documented his experiences during WWII as did he with pics and what not. 

Abraham Lincoln

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file