Broward County Peacocks

jlo0077jlo0077 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
Hey guys I'm bringing some family down from Ireland to see the beaches and night life of south Florida, my kids are always telling me they want to catch a peacock bass so I figured I'll slip out for a couple of hours with the boys, can any of you point me in the right direction for somewhere I can take the boys on foot to catch a few?  Thanks 

Replies

• jriverajrivera Posts: 171 Deckhand
    Try to fish the ponds lakes and canals in the Western Broward area. Get some live shiners small circle hook 1/0 or 2/0 and cast out, there usually not too far out from the shoreline good luck !! Don't forget to get there non residential licenses if there over the age as well. Check FWC website for regulations.
  • jlo0077jlo0077 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Awesome thanks jrivera! Im Google mapping some of the ponds/canals around there now. 
  • ReelthiefReelthief Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    The area along griffin road in Davie is usually decent also. You can start just west of state road 7 (441) and work your way west. The canal is the c-11. Theres also plenty of small snook, largemouths, chiclilds and snakeheads to keep the kids busy. Theres a bait shop in the area called ****'s where you can get shiners and some local knowledge. Depending on the water/wind conditions it makes for some fun sight fishing opportunities. Good luck and let us know how you do
  • ReelthiefReelthief Posts: 64 Greenhorn
    Wow this site has a dirty mind. The tackle shop is Bravo Juliet's 
  • mik8881mik8881 Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    Jacaranda Lakes 
    Reelthief said:
    The area along griffin road in Davie is usually decent also. You can start just west of state road 7 (441) and work your way west. The canal is the c-11. Theres also plenty of small snook, largemouths, chiclilds and snakeheads to keep the kids busy. Theres a bait shop in the area called ****'s where you can get shiners and some local knowledge. Depending on the water/wind conditions it makes for some fun sight fishing opportunities. Good luck and let us know how you do
    Thanks guys, I'll post some pics when we get back from the trip
  • One DropOne Drop Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Here's a couple from this past weekend in Broward.  Just have to do what Reelthief said.  I happened upon these in a spot I haven't seen any in 5 or so years so cover some ground, wear some good polarized glasses, ad in a little luck and you'll be golden.  
    Well i ended up getting in touch with a guide a but further south in safe, he was.awesome and put us all on a ton of fish, I'm sure some of you will recognize the guide from  his YouTube channel the kids had an absolute blast!
  • DES51DES51 Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Is that the famous Roy L?    B)
  • got1ongot1on Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Monster Mike will definitely put you on the Peas!

My son and I fished with him last year and had a great day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file