RIP Lefty

Net 30Net 30 Posts: 960 Officer
We lost a good man - Lefty Kreh died today at 93 years old.

He brought a smile to everyone who crossed his path.  

God Speed.

Replies

• tailwaterstailwaters Posts: 116 Deckhand
    I grew up fly fishing but haven't done much of it over the past dozen years. I picked it back up a few months ago. Mainly just been practicing my cast in the back yard. His instructional videos have been a big help to me! Hate to hear he past but that man sure did know how to live! He will be missed!
  • CPAforSnookCPAforSnook Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    RIP
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 4,626 Captain
    Rest in peace Lefty. He may not be here any longer but his legacy will live on and help to teach the next generation of fly fishers and conservationists. A life well lived.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,148 Officer
    I went to a fly fishing show many years ago in Atlanta and volunteered for Lefty to look at my technique.  In 10 minutes he straightened me out and I'm a much better caster because of him.  I'm forever grateful, RIP.
  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
    I've been a volunteer at IGFA for many years. During that span of time there were many fly fishing expos, clinics, etc. at the HQ. Lefty was frequently a presenter at those functions. He would demonstrate fly casting and would always have someone come up and then critique their casting. His easy going demeanor and wry sense of humor set him apart from the other presenters. Rest in peace.
  • Big Sky DaveBig Sky Dave Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Lefty presented at our Southeast Wi. Trout Unlimited banquet in 1980 (I think).  Then he volunteered to return and do a train the trainer how to on teaching others to fly cast for just the cost of his expenses!  Still remember that day well.  A kind generous man.  Glad he lived so long.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file