Being dragged to Disneyland, Help!

Good morning everyone from a fisherman and hunter from across The Pond! I'm heading to Florida (Windsor Hills) for a holiday with my family and I would love to explore some of your many ponds and lakes. I came over last year and had a guided trip on lake Toho and loved it, but this time I wanted to go to Bass pro, buy a spinning outfit and go find some Bass!
Other than buying my permit what rules and regulations are there? In the UK fishing rights are very closely guarded, but I have heard there are a lot of public access areas over there?
Thanks for any help
Alex

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 18,504 AG

Alex, It is the wild west here in the states and Florida. Almost any pond or lake that you don't have to go thru a gate or cross a fence is fair game unless posted as no fishing.

There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Brit_abroadBrit_abroad UkPosts: 5 Greenhorn

Thanks for that Duckman, sounds more fun than being dragged round the Magic kingdom!

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,031 Admiral

Even some posted with no fishing signs are legal to fish. If you can find an easement that touches the bank, you can fish it. However you will learn some property owners don't care if you have a right to fish an area. If someone approaches you and tells you you can't fish an area, it's best to leave because its no fun fishing when being harassed.

Captain Todd Approves

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,293 Moderator

Tons of available water to fish. You know they have guided bass fishing in Disney right ?

"You'll get your weather"
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 636 Officer
    edited February 5 #6

There are also some guides that do bass trips at Disney World. There are a ton of fish in those ponds. Depending on where you're staying, you may have access to one or two of those.

And now I see louie posted that right on top of me. Sorry.

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 5,975 Admiral

@mplspug said:
    Even some posted with no fishing signs are legal to fish. If you can find an easement that touches the bank, you can fish it. However you will learn some property owners don't care if you have a right to fish an area. If someone approaches you and tells you you can't fish an area, it's best to leave because its no fun fishing when being harassed.

Heck, that just depends on your preferences.
    Me, I like fightin as much as fishin!

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,031 Admiral

I personally have not been harassed yet, but that's because I fish the same ponds in the neighborhood and I could even fish behind some peoples houses along the bank, but I don't out of courtesy. I've been waiting for some uninformed bozo to say something to me. Not sure how I would handle it. I know I would not be quiet and be specific about why I can fish there.

Only one of the 3 ponds has houses surrounding them completely. That one a trail and park that the county maintains buts up to the arm of the lake. I fish there even though a sign say fishing only for HOA members, which I am, but doubt any of them would know that or care because they are lake shore owners, I am not, I live down the street.

If someone says something at that spot my first response will be a question, "Does Seminole county cut the grass here or does the HOA hire someone"?

But I digress, back to the original post. I am saying it isn't worth the hassle in my opinion when someone is annoying you and as someone here on vacation I'd say it's easier to move away from the harasser.

Captain Todd Approves

@capt louie said:
    Tons of available water to fish. You know they have guided bass fishing in Disney right ?

Thanks capt Louie, I did see that, but I kind of wanted to get out and explore the real FL, in my own time. Unless you think it would be worth It?

Thanks for the advice everyone, looking forward to it. If anyone is ever in the UK and would like a go at some Pheasant or Duck hunting just let me know!

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,293 Moderator
  • UtahFisherUtahFisher UtahPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Hey Brit_abroad, I'm heading down there the beginning of May and looking for any advice on fishing that area?  You said you had a guide the last time?  Any info on that service?  Thanks!
    Morning utahFisher this is the guy I went with https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=jays+bass+bustin+guide+service&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=cCumWrbmK6r38AeKnL7ACw.  Highly recommend  him, kept us catching all morning in difficult weather.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file