Will FWC do anything about this?

FlashFlash Posts: 11,025 AG
edited February 23 in Ask the Law! #1
Really don't want to shoot it, but obviously I need a bigger boat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,924 Admiral
    what would you like them to do? 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,924 Admiral
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • th19999th19999 Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    It looks like a bobcat
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 917 Officer
    It is a bobcat and someone has a live trap there - bobcat trapping season is probably over... 

Did it eat your neighbor's little yappy dog or something?  Bobcats don't hurt much.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,025 AG

Did you hiccup??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Rich M said:
    It is a bobcat and someone has a live trap there - bobcat trapping season is probably over... 

Did it eat your neighbor's little yappy dog or something?  Bobcats don't hurt much.

No but some of the other neighbors had their cats attacked by it. My fear is it will get shot by one of them. Was hoping it might get trapped and relocated out towards Cedar Key Scrub. Found someone with a larger trap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

th19999 said:
    It looks like a bobcat
      Yes and a pretty good size one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,227 Captain
    It is probably eating neighbors cat food.
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
    Slough said:
    It is probably eating neighbors cat food.
    Coons do that. I know one only feeds on the screened porch. Not sure of the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,852 Captain
    If they let their cats run wild then they are fair game to predictors and cars on the highway, ask your neighbors to keep their cats in doors and be responsible pet owners, I know that is asking a lot though.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
    surfman said:
    If they let their cats run wild then they are fair game to predictors and cars on the highway, ask your neighbors to keep their cats in doors and be responsible pet owners, I know that is asking a lot though.
    Of course we have a lot of feral cats also. Plus being a drop off point since we are in the country does not help. He is still coming around about ever 3 days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RockslamRockslam Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    Not sure if this ever got handled but this : http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/relocating-wildlife/  so not sure if you even can relocate a bobcat.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 3,852 Captain
    Bob cats are native and common, probably a few more than that one around, really hard to spot since they are a lot more active at night. They are basically everywhere there is woods.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,562 Captain

The only reason we sooooo many feral cats is because of irresponsible owners. Too many feral cats and too many yanks building houses in what used to be the wild animals home.

Then they whine when a wild animal does what wild animals do in what used to be THEIR home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file