Un identified fish

Ok I thought ive seen everything. This fish hit a bucktail with shrimp in two feet of water in Fort Pierce inlet. It looks like a 5 pound pinfish.

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,524 Admiral
    Bermuda Chub

Captain Todd Approves

• CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,228 Officer
    edited March 4 #3
    But did it taste like a 5 pound pinfish? : :D :D :p :p :D :D :

I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

• BarrellBarrell Posts: 949 Officer
    My first Bermuda Chub !!! It says they get 30 inches long. I cant imagine the battle a 30 incher would put up.
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 91 Greenhorn
    What's the difference between a Bermuda Chub and a bowling ball?  If worse comes to worst, you can always eat the bowling ball.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,840 Captain

There is a school of those things that hangs out between Sloan's Curve & LWI.  They are pretty talented bait stealers if you are fishing cut bait on bottom rigs.  They are a foul & messy fish that I try not to bring into the boat.  I try to get them off the hook outside the gunwale.  They can put up a decent fight once you get them on the hook.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,449 Officer
    I caught one of those off my kayak, threw it back, but have heard from some that they are fair eating.  Hawaiians make poke out of it.
  • privateer19privateer19 Posts: 318 Deckhand
    My grandsons call them poop fish, for good reason.............
  • IntheslotIntheslot Posts: 282 Deckhand
    Some dummy shot one and brought it on my boat one time. 

It stank so bad, probably from the open wound, that I told him to throw it back or swim to shore with it.

It smelled horribly awful, stank up the whole boat.

I doubt very seriously anyone makes Poke out of it, must be another species that just looks like chubs. 
  • theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 16 Greenhorn
    Orlando **** fish

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file