Mosquito Lagoon New Smyrna Beach Backcountry

Early spring has arrived, water temperatures have been high 60's mornings to low 70's afternoon here at Edgewater Backcountry, sure sign of spring the first Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish showing up in February, as usually not until March during a chillier late winter. Fish are spreading out along the drop offs, leaving their winter deep holes, Trout, some small Snook which survived the freeze, Reds, Sheepshead, and this season has been quite good for wide spread Black Drum so far. Using primarily live shrimp baits, and white colored soft plastic tails on 1/8 and 1/16 jig head, for the good variety of species in the backcountry here from New Smyrna , Edgewater, and Oak Hill area. First time clients from Miami and Seattle on a recent morning had fun catching, with lots of different species, stars of the morning Black Drum with about 15 landed from some back water creeks, Pedro with a good one............

Doug with another Drum .............

Pedro with the best Trout of the trip.............

Tim with a good Drum from a couple weeks back............

Young Lucas here with his family from Canada out on a fun mixed bag catching trip caught all the usual species, had to get a photo of Lucas with his Redfish...........

Claudia and Chris with me a few weeks ago before the warm up on a school of Reds in a back waters oyster lined cove, Claudia was the best model......................

But Chris was OK too..........

Capt Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide
386-689-3781

http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com, Mosquito Lagoon Indian River Backcountry, Children Welcome, Fair Prices. Call or text 386-689-3781 Edgewater River Guide, Inc. since 2003. Capt. Michael Savedow

Replies

• Capt Michael SavedowCapt Michael Savedow Posts: 62 Greenhorn

Forgot Young Lucas's photo

http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com, Mosquito Lagoon Indian River Backcountry, Children Welcome, Fair Prices. Call or text 386-689-3781 Edgewater River Guide, Inc. since 2003. Capt. Michael Savedow
  • sonnymccsonnymcc Posts: 3 Greenhorn

Some nice catches

• theUtheU The Orlando SewerPosts: 27 Greenhorn
    Good to know that the polluted water didn’t kill all the fish.
  • Capt Michael SavedowCapt Michael Savedow Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    Water quality in the New Smyrna to Edgewater to north Mosquito Lagoon has been nice and clear for several months now, being closer to Ponce Inlet with flushing tides helps, but we all have to try to be in favor of policies to help the water quality issues through out Florida
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,236 Captain
    Nice fish!
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 884 Officer
    Found them , Well done!
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file