C/R 2-26 A Birthday Snook for my Grandson

xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,415 Officer
Headed out of F.I.T. to find conditions were not as NOAA had indicated. Too sloppy to go offshore so we stayed in the bay and caught a few silver/sand trout, whiting and a mac while waiting for the tide to be right to head for the mangroves. Fish are at least a month ahead of schedule. Daniel was celebrating his birthday and has wanted to catch a snook. Grandpa managed to come through and put him on a nice fish. :)  Fish were caught on shrimp and jig/soft plastic combos.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,475 Captain
    Dang man, yall kind of favor.  Nice snook.
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,415 Officer
    That's his Dad in the pic. Grandpa was the photographer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HARRYDHARRYD Posts: 161 Deckhand
    Got your message . Call you in the A M . And roger on cleaning fish.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,291 Moderator
    Nice going !!
    "You'll get your weather"
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 514 Officer
    Beautiful catch
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 817 Officer
    a few of those things have come aboard in the past few months. I caught a couple with you late fall and a few weeks ago you caught this one 

• permit_mepermit_me Posts: 817 Officer

testin 123, testing... duh just figured how to load a pic rather than a file.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,818 Captain
    Nice. Yes, spring is moving ahead! 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quad32xQuad32x Anthony , FloridaPosts: 102 Deckhand
    Nice job !
    Ruff One said:
    Nice. Yes, spring is moving ahead! 
    Yes indeed. When you or Butch start catching cobes, I know its time for me to head offshore. :) I hope the kingfish will show up in our near shore area again this year. They can really burn some line. Much shorter runs than big blacktips though. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    permit_me said:
    a few of those things have come aboard in the past few months. I caught a couple with you late fall and a few weeks ago you caught this one 
    Even an old goat like me gets lucky occasionally. I hate that we had a bad fish kill this winter. Good part of a year class gone. It was good to make a couple of trips inbetween my wife's surgeries. She has gotten the " all clear" now and I'm glad to be back on the water. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,818 Captain
    Fishing buddy Gary has  friend who caught a 24 in cobia trolling at the mouth of the Homosassa. They are here! 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :) Not quite what we are looking for. Weather permitting, I'll make an exploratory trip next week. The big push seemed to come with the blue runners last year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 888 Officer
    Great catching guys!
    :) Not quite what we are looking for. Weather permitting, I'll make an exploratory trip next week. The big push seemed to come with the blue runners last year.
    CORRECTION
    Spring run of cobia came just after the macs showed up. Blue runners came in the early fall. Glad I keep a log book to correct my memory. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CORRECTION
    Spring run of cobia came just after the macs showed up. Blue runners came in the early fall. Glad I keep a log book to correct my memory. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file