Silver River/ The River To The Park?

Been many moons (20 years) since I took My 92 year old granddaddy up the river. He loved it! Monkeys and wildlife.Would like to take some other family members for a ride. Is it still clear and navigable for a 22 bay boat no T Top up to the park/springs from the ramp at Ocklawaha? Thanks!

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,517 Captain

Should still be good to go. Water level is up so launching should be no problem. I think it's still a $5 park fee

If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Ire of AnguillaIre of Anguilla Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Yes sir, we were there last week. Just watch the bends in the Silver River where trees have been cut post hurricane. They can reach out and grab a lower unit or prop. See the monkeys now, they will be going away before too long. They have some kind of herpes outbreak going on amongst the monkey clan. Enjoy the day, tie off to a tree and jump in to cool off. 
  • PicmanPicman Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    What about a 26 CC with hardtop?
  • zachboyerzachboyer Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    I just went up there about 3 or 4 months ago. in a 24 bay boat. I took the Ocklawaha up to the silver river then up. Had to bounce over acouple trees only acouple inches under the water. Other than that your good. Take marshmellows for the monkeys
  • zachboyerzachboyer Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    From what I was told the trees I mentioned above were cut and act as a bridge for the monkeys. Definately wouldnt of made it over them with the motor down. Basically got speed and trimmed all the way up. They're covered in moss so pretty slick

• Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 886 Officer
      I’ve heard the same about the monkeys. They are spreading a deadly herpees virus which can be transmitted to people if they attack you. They are’nt afraid of people and do act aggressive at times, I’d be cautious and keep a distance personally. 
      I’ve been from the boat basin ramp under the hwy 40 bridge up to the attraction in the past year. There were some submerged logs to dodge but was definitely passable. 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 3,533 Captain
    Thanks all! Sounds doable, and making the run this weekend. Ain"t skeered of monkeys. Dealt with them before. Non issue.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 779 Officer
    AC Man said:
    Thanks all! Sounds doable, and making the run this weekend. Ain"t skeered of monkeys. Dealt with them before. Non issue.
    let us know how it goes, after reading this post i,ve been reading about it and seems like a fun place, thinking about going myself 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file