Fellsmere 2/26 and 2/27/18

Fellsmere 2/26 and 2/27/18

I got to fish there for a total of four days and it's awesome. I think it's the chance of a life time. It's big and lots of good water and fish every where you go. Monday there were 6 or 7 Kayakers and 2 guys in a canoe. It seemed like a crowd, but once on the water not so much. I wanted to go as far south as I could and fish my way back. It took about an hour and twenty minutes. I could do it faster but I was distracted by all the fish. Palm Beach Pete was there and gave me some good tips including the fact the enhanced area is off limits for now.

Tuesday the wind was from the North at daylight and stronger by nine and real strong the rest of the day. I stayed at the north end and fished in the the shallow areas at first. I found I had better luck in bigger open water and just endured the wind casting downwind as much as I could. Caught a total of 22 fish. Only 2 dinks, the rest were solid including my PB from there. My scale was laying on the dash of my truck, so we'll have to guess on the weight.

Thanks to Old Lady Angler on you tube her first video on Fellsmere was very helpful.

Replies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file