The Pompano are moving south( slightly)

2»

Replies

• fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn

@Big Sky Dave said:
    Looked up bait busters. There sure are a lot of colors! What colors work for pomps? How do you fish them? Thanks

I don't know that exact color matters as much as shade, and profile. I believe most fish are color blind, I could very well be wrong as I am not a marine biologist. Presentation is far more important than color in my very unprofessional opinion. Where are the eating in the water column, water clarity, and temp.

• One DropOne Drop Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    edited February 20 #33

First time using this format. Looks like I double posted. Nothing wrong with a double Pomp post though right? One thing I will comment on us the water up here is nice and clean. Hoping it stays that way as the fish start to move.

• One DropOne Drop Posts: 66 Greenhorn

Pompano are on the move north. Larry crushed it south of Melbourne this past weekend. With this warm weather streak they could be here soon. According to my fishing log from last year I caught my first limit March 10 so we're not far off considering how cold the water temp got this year compared to last year.

• fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn

@fordmag84 said:

@Big Sky Dave said:
    Looked up bait busters. There sure are a lot of colors! What colors work for pomps? How do you fish them? Thanks

I don't know that exact color matters as much as shade, and profile. I believe most fish are color blind, I could very well be wrong as I am not a marine biologist. Presentation is far more important than color in my very unprofessional opinion. Where are the eating in the water column, water clarity, and temp.

I was wrong, most fish are not color blind (thanks Google). I still believe profile is more important.

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file