How much would you pay for entry fee?

staugpinoystaugpinoy Posts: 157 Deckhand

I'm thinking of planning a tournament, proceeds will go to a charity (Childrens Home Society), overhead, and prizes. I plan to get several sponsors as well and do raffles. It will be held at St Johns River State College (St. Aug Campus).
Still not sure what species or multi-species or time of the year.
$500 1st prize?
How much would you pay to enter? Would you be interested?

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,218 Captain

$500 first prize, per boat or per fisherman entry?

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • FishWithChrisFishWithChris TallahasseePosts: 137 Deckhand

$100 entry. Half paid out to winners (whether it is 10 boats or 40 boats), other half to charity, guarantee minimum payout to garner interest.. Request your sponsors for either monetary or product donations.

1st - 750, 2nd - 500, 3rd - 250

Half/Half side-pots of largest fish species (trout, red, whatever). Half the pot goes to winner, other half goes to charity. Anything over. $25 per boat

Charity Raffles, all proceeds go to charity, sponsors provide the products (if at lower cost, take raffle money to cover cost and remaining goes to Charity)

Document EVERYTHING and report back to EVERYONE that entered how the money was used and donated. Invite charity to fish.

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark
  • staugpinoystaugpinoy Posts: 157 Deckhand

@Slough said:
    $500 first prize, per boat or per fisherman entry?

Was thinking per person, so the entry fee could be low. However, Fishwithchris has a point to make it per boat and up the entry fee. That means 2-4 people can fish in the boat. Also, thinking about a kayak and shore division?

• staugpinoystaugpinoy Posts: 157 Deckhand

@FishWithChris said:
    $100 entry. Half paid out to winners (whether it is 10 boats or 40 boats), other half to charity, guarantee minimum payout to garner interest.. Request your sponsors for either monetary or product donations.

1st - 750, 2nd - 500, 3rd - 250

Half/Half side-pots of largest fish species (trout, red, whatever). Half the pot goes to winner, other half goes to charity. Anything over. $25 per boat

Charity Raffles, all proceeds go to charity, sponsors provide the products (if at lower cost, take raffle money to cover cost and remaining goes to Charity)

Document EVERYTHING and report back to EVERYONE that entered how the money was used and donated. Invite charity to fish.

Thanks good info. This gives me a lot to work with.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,218 Captain

$100 per boat on a 50/50 paying at least 4 places may draw more then a winner take all. Jackpots can be the big money.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • Blue gillsBlue gills Posts: 132 Deckhand

You should wait till they announce red snapper dates and have a red snapper tournament out of Saint Augustine.

I like the $100 per boat idea.

Not sure if you are talking about having the weight in also at the college but I prefer on the water weight in.

• shamlin32shamlin32 Posts: 5 Greenhorn

I've fished some kayak tournaments, the norm is usually $50.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file