Saying hello

zachfairclothzachfaircloth GainesvillePosts: 7 Greenhorn

Hi everyone,

I am a student in NC, originally from Horry county SC, and I may be moving to Gainesville for grad school. I am an avid kayak fisherman and can't wait to start exploring the water down there. I mostly fish freshwater for now-- love to target mudfish jackfish, and bream. Bass are nice too! But I look forward to getting into inshore fishing if I make the move. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully I will see some of you on the water.

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,475 Captain

Hogtown will be different than NC. Lots of pretty women & bums.

• fordmag84fordmag84 Bradenton, Fl Posts: 89 Greenhorn

Wait till you hook into a good snook, you'll forget all about that freshwater stuff. Hint, save your artificial frogs, they come in handy in low light.

• zachfairclothzachfaircloth GainesvillePosts: 7 Greenhorn

@stc1993 said:
    Hogtown will be different than NC. Lots of pretty women & bums.

Why do people call it Hogtown? I've seen that a lot on here. And I'm coming from Duke, so there's got to be more pretty girls than there are here

@fordmag84 said:
    Wait till you hook into a good snook, you'll forget all about that freshwater stuff. Hint, save your artificial frogs, they come in handy in low light.

I can't wait! Have always wanted to catch a snook and a tarpon, but I guess the latter are hard to come by

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,475 Captain

No, tarpon aren't that hard to come by. Landing one is a different story.

@stc1993 said:
    No, tarpon aren't that hard to come by. Landing one is a different story.

I look forward to failing many times, and maybe succeeding a few too

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,249 Moderator

Welcome aboard Zack! what kayak/SUP/canoe are you paddling/pedaling?

Hobie Kayak angler for life!

@jcanracer said:
    Welcome aboard Zack! what kayak/SUP/canoe are you paddling/pedaling?

I have a Cayman 124 10'6 by future beach. It's my first kayak, I've been in a wooden one man boat that was originally my grandfather's for most of my life, which still suits me well for my home river. But obviously it's not as easy to transport and is getting old, so the kayak is much better for the future move. I'm ready to get out of undergrad and have a little more disposable income to modify it a bit and make my situation a little better.

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,147 Officer

You'll be close to a couple of great floating rivers, Suwanee and the Santa Fe. A lot of what I do in the summer is kayak fishing rivers in N. GA.

• GarysmoGarysmo Posts: 297 Deckhand

Welcome....there are some great fish to catch. A big Jack will give you a good fight, hopefully you can get one. Enjoy.............

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file