Another school shoot 'em up....

SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,797 Admiral
I may be entitled to compensation.

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,031 AG

Just saw this. Terrible... Any forum members have kids at this school. Praying for little injury and no deaths.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,797 Admiral

Suspect in custody. **** shame they couldn't have shot him and saved us some $$$$.

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 1,954 Captain

News says multiple fatalities

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,020 Admiral

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,282 Officer

Thoughts and prayers are already flying.
    Like I said before.....we should have Congress stand in silence and wish thoughts and prayers non stop for 30- 45 minutes on January 1 every year.
    Then during the year we subtract a few minutes from the total as these things happen and they do not have to stop working and show their fake faces as if they are really, really sad and concerned and as if their thoughts and prayers made any of the victims families feel soooo much better.
    Unfortunately we are having so many of these, that 30 - 45 minutes on January 1 may not be enough to cover a year.
    17 American families lost their children today.............................in what civilized country does this happen with such frequency

• dave44dave44 Posts: 6,714 Admiral

@RStyle said:
    Like I said before.....we should have Congress stand in silence and wish thoughts and prayers non stop for 30- 45 minutes on January 1 every year.
    Then during the year we subtract a few minutes from the total as these things happen and they do not have to stop working and show their fake faces as if they are really, really sad and concerned and as if their thoughts and prayers made any of the victims families feel soooo much better.
    Unfortunately we are having so many of these, that 30 - 45 minutes on January 1 may not be enough to cover a year.
    17 American families lost their children today.............................in what civilized country does this happen with such frequency

It’s sad that you are making a statement like this at this time. Maybe you should go ahead and set the parameters of what you Feel constitute a “civilized” society so that you can fully explain your political viewpoint?

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,368 Captain

@RStyle said:

It is terrible, but what would you do to stop this insanity?. Don't talk about gun laws because in cities like Chicago every weekend there are homicides in the dozens and they have strict gun laws. Like many others here, I had a gun rack in my bedroom when I was a pre-teen with rifles and shotguns and would never have thought of using them for anything but hunting or plinking. There is something wrong with the thought process with many of today's youth.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,897 Admiral

I'd like to know the proposed gun laws that would stop this.

I heard one kid who said he showed him pictures but would stay away from him. I don't know if he told anyone though so a red flag would have gone up.

Bashing the NRA and thoughts and prayers may make people feel better, but it does nothing else.

Captain Todd Approves

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 4,968 Captain

MOM went to work and Society is all about Me..
    I have 17 Firearms and None of them have shot Anybody...ever.

Killin and Grillin :grin

I'm all ears for solutions 👂

Captain Todd Approves

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 10,699 AG

@mplspug said:

Now is not the time for that discussion, now is the time for thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure our responsible elected officials will get around eventually to studying the issue, holding hearings, and debate, and implementing possible solutions. Just as they have done every other time.

Dave44 has a point.
    Let’s eliminate civilized from the equation
    Lets just say in what society or ....if you prefer in what country has there been multiple school shootings in 2018.
    No worries......thoughts and prayers will help make the parents of the victims feel better.

@Bimini Twisted said:

@mplspug said:

Now is not the time for that discussion, now is the time for thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure our responsible elected officials will get around eventually to studying the issue, holding hearings, and debate, and implementing possible solutions. Just as they have done every other time.

You quoted my question and offered no solution. Just as I expected, bloviated, self righteous drivel.

Captain Todd Approves

edited February 15 #16

@mplspug said:

@Bimini Twisted said:

@mplspug said:

You quoted my question and offered no solution. Just as I expected, bloviated, self righteous drivel.

I've said it before, solutions come from action, and many are happy to take no action at all to defend the NRA and the gun culture from any debate at all cost, including the lives of children.

The gun nuts have won, there are enough guns in the country that there may very well be no solutions possible, and they directly quash any chance at debate for decades to get us to that point.

We all know how this is going to go, so stop with the BS.

Thoughts and prayers
    Candlelight vigils
    Bury the dead.
    Forget about them all in a week.

Rinse, repeat.

• SinjunmbSinjunmb Posts: 91 Greenhorn

The problem is mental health. There are people walking around that should be in insane asylums.

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 5,504 Admiral

@Bimini Twisted said:
    We all know how this is going to go, so stop with the BS.

Thoughts and prayers
    Candlelight vigils
    Bury the dead.
    Forget about them all in a week.

Rinse, repeat.

You forgot to add

loosen gun regulations

• SAENoleSAENole Posts: 9,797 Admiral

Is the shooter a member of the NRA?

• hatcityhatcity Posts: 2,870 Captain

@Sinjunmb said:
    The problem is mental health. There are people walking around that should be in insane asylums.

Evidently, this kid was a candidate for taking residence there
    BUT!!!!!!!! did anyone mention it to anyone?

I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,460 Admiral
    edited February 15 #22

@Bimini Twisted said:> I've said it before, solutions come from action, and many are happy to take no action at all to defend the NRA and the gun culture from any debate at all cost, including the lives of children.

The gun nuts have won, there are enough guns in the country that there may very well be no solutions possible, and they directly quash any chance at debate for decades to get us to that point.

Funny how think a gun prohibition will work when a drug(and alcohol) prohibition does not.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,460 Admiral
    edited February 15 #23

@mplspug said:> You quoted my question and offered no solution. Just as I expected, bloviated, self righteous drivel.

That's the way!

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,262 AG

our bookeepers grand daughter was injured, expected to be ok. WAAAAAAY too close to home. This sucks

• MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,562 Captain

I watched this unfold on TV most of the evening. I knew when I got on here today that the resident religion and freedom hating members would have replied already with their absolute nonsense. Sad.

My Favorite Smile Is Vertical
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 6,714 Admiral

@RStyle said:
    Dave44 has a point.
    Let’s eliminate civilized from the equation
    Lets just say in what society or ....if you prefer in what country has there been multiple school shootings in 2018.
    No worries......thoughts and prayers will help make the parents of the victims feel better.

You haven’t come right out and told the class what you think the problem is. Beating around the bush doesn’t help us label you with your fellow leftists.
    Don’t you think it’s better that we know which amendments you want to do away with?

An email was sent out to the teachers from the administration about this ****. Students are saying they knew who it was when it was happening. I'd really like to more about the story leading up to this, but it seems like he was or should have been on the radar and what was being done about it is what I would like to know.

Captain Todd Approves

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,031 AG

@Sinjunmb said:

We have a winner!! I'm not sure what the solution is but mental health is a big issue. Ban guns and they will use other ways to kill.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 604 Officer

He was on a FBI watch list and had actually been interviewed by the FBI???
    I will say it again. These gun free zones do not stop the bad guys from killing people, it just makes it easier! Cops should have killed the kid on the spot and saved the tax payers!!

Jason :USA
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,020 Admiral

@1outlaw said:
    He was on a FBI watch list and had actually been interviewed by the FBI???
    I will say it again. These gun free zones do not stop the bad guys from killing people, it just makes it easier! Cops should have killed the kid on the spot and saved the tax payers!!

At least here in Florida he should get a date with the executioner in Raiford.

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,

So D44 says I am a leftist and want to eliminate amendments......based on the facts that I think all these thoughts and prayers do not deal with the issue and every politician has sent them......again. It is more obvious (D44) what his fear and agenda are. Could it be that I am not very religious and do not think politicians praying with sad faces does much. If I lost my child like this, i would be offended by vote seekers acting as if they were so sad and affected.

Unfortunately, in our country today, everything that happens is immediately blamed on leftists or rightists.
    Common sense and logic are no longer important.

How about armed trained marshalls or security ( not teachers that are underpaid and spend long hours working on doing what they are trained to do) in high schools? We do that in airplanes. We do not arm and train pilots or flight attendants. Metal detectors?
    Personally I believe 2 yrs of obligatory military training (as in Switzerland or Israel) would teach many kids respect, not talk back, responsibility, gun safety, order

Whatever the solutions may be, I believe that politicians know what the cost would be (arm teachers or security, metal detectors or whatever) and considering the deficit and that there are more than 26,000 high schools in the USA, are not ready to face the inevitable

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file