Wheat beers...

tankardtankard Posts: 6,314 Admiral

I think it's kind of like the cilantro of the beer world, you either love them or hate them. I am solidly in the hate category, (love cilantro though), as are seemingly most men. Females however, tend to love the wheat beers in my observations.

Almost straight down the line. I wonder if something about male\female body chemistry is behind this, because they taste like pure vomit to me. Seriously, if wheat beer was the only beer, I'd be drinking something else.

Replies

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 8,858 Admiral

Nasty

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 9,020 Admiral

Pabst Blue Ribbon isn’t a wheat beer?

2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 5,897 Admiral

More for me!

Captain Todd Approves

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 22,199 AG
    edited February 13 #5

In my youth when I graduated from bush and other **** waters I had a certain fondness for wheat beers. Now they make me vomit frothy orange flavored yellow foam with a hint of cilantro. They are nasty....

133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg

I used to be ashamed. Now seeing who doesn't like wheat beers I realize I am doing it right. #winning

Captain Todd Approves

• tankardtankard Posts: 6,314 Admiral

Men don't like wheat beers. So, maybe you are doing something wrong. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,460 Admiral

I like cold beers. Especially OP.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • Tim FredTim Fred Posts: 97 Greenhorn

Hefeweizen!!!
    If I only had one for the rest of my life, hefeweizen would be it. I still like a dunkle, too, and other stouts. But a wheat is always good.

• toomertoomer Posts: 316 Deckhand

A fresh Weihenstephaner is the holy grail of hefeweizens. Liquid poetry.

Belgians!

Captain Todd Approves

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,803 Captain

Never knew that wheat or corn was used in beer brewing, but in the last year or so I've coarse ground several hundred pounds of heirloom non-gmo corn for a couple of local breweries.

• Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,585 Admiral

I drink so many IPAs and Pale Ales that anything else tastes like dookie to me now, especially wheat!

A little off topic but has anybody had a worse hangover than when you have plowed through 6 or 8 high-test IPA's?

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 3,481 Captain
    edited February 14 #15

I got your hangover right here.....
    Have you ever heard of Mad dog 20-20?

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

Sure, but who is dumb enough to drink a bunch of that???

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,698 Admiral

@mindyabiness said:

Grape flavor or nothing!

I don't mind wheat beers. It's still beer. People are so polarized by beer. Is it cold? Is it beer? Go ahead and hand it over. As long as it's not bud light lime, or any flavored beer. Or mich ultra. that stuff isn't beer. It's the Margarine of beers. If that's all you drink then you just don't know any better but I feel sorry for you.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 6,314 Admiral

I was in my teens. Only once though. I wanted to die I was so sick.

@toomer said:
    A little off topic but has anybody had a worse hangover than when you have plowed through 6 or 8 high-test IPA's?

No, but I get heartburn.

Captain Todd Approves

I still remember my first Bluemoon. I thought it was good, but then I did a little Googling and heard the old "Its a woman's beer" thing and didn't have another. I like Wheat craft beers because they are light in the summer and you can make some unique beers with different ingredients adding subtle notes and flavors.

Every GD IPA tastes the same, just like carbonated grapefruit juice!

Captain Todd Approves

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 7,698 Admiral

@mplspug said:
    I still remember my first Bluemoon. I thought it was good, but then I did a little Googling and heard the old "Its a woman's beer" thing and didn't have another. I like Wheat craft beers because they are light in the summer and you can make some unique beers with different ingredients adding subtle notes and flavors.

Every GD IPA tastes the same, just like carbonated grapefruit juice!

Leinenkugels sunset wheat. I've got a metal sign of it in my son's gameroom from my restaurant. One of the best beers ever conceived.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.

Leinies is good for a big box beer. I know a lot of people don't like the Shandies, but I like the Shandies.

Publix had a buy 2 Blue Moons get a 3rd free. Tried the Mango and Cinnamon Horchata. The latter was really good.

Captain Todd Approves

@Soda Popinski said:

@mindyabiness said:

Grape flavor or nothing!

I don't mind wheat beers. It's still beer. People are so polarized by beer. Is it cold? Is it beer? Go ahead and hand it over. As long as it's not bud light lime, or any flavored beer. Or mich ultra. that stuff isn't beer. It's the Margarine of beers. If that's all you drink then you just don't know any better but I feel sorry for you.

I always say..."Any beer is better than no beer". But, I have never tried Bud light lime.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway. nj

@mplspug said:
    Leinies is good for a big box beer. I know a lot of people don't like the Shandies, but I like the Shandies.

Publix had a buy 2 Blue Moons get a 3rd free. Tried the Mango and Cinnamon Horchata. The latter was really good.

Have you ever tried Leinenkugel Old fashion shandy? That's the one that did it for me....NEVER AGAIN WITH THE SHANDYS....
    Kudos to you on your adventurous beverage purchases....I would not EVER consider purchasing a Horchata...just because it is a Horchata.....whatever that it is. The same is true for any beer said to be made with berries or pumkins...or cinnamon, chocolate or any fruit at all. Not doing it.
    Like I said "Any beer is better than no beer".

@toomer said:
    Sure, but who is dumb enough to drink a bunch of that???

Drinking a "bunch" of anything is not exactly smart ....now is it?
    It doesn't take bunch to foster severe regret.
    You asked the question....there is only one way to find out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file