AmberJake is getting married...

FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,534 Captain

Many of you have known Jacob since he was about the age in the picture with the black drum. Well, he turned 27 yesterday, and is getting married in Mexico Beach on Saturday. He's the last of the children to take the step. Lauren was married in April 2015 and Austin in November 2017.

Jacob's lady, Sarah, is exactly what he's needed in his life. She makes him a better person. Serendipitous that Sarah caught the bouquet and Jacob caught the garter at Austin and Victoria's wedding!

He's caught for sure now!

Proverbs 13:3

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 11,795 AG

Congrats all the way around. you and the Mrs. must be so proud. Y'all have done a great job raising those kids to becoming young men and lady.

Mine still have a ways to go before getting married......... I hope!

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,273 Officer

Congratulations to the happy couple and I echo the "you must be proud" comments.
    I will resist the, "I remember when.............." ramblings, but thats a fine family you have there Sir and it will only get better when the grandchildren arrive.
    Remember, your children grow up, may even move away, but they are always your children. :)

• ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,575 Moderator

Congratulations to you Brad, Lora, Jake and Sarah.. Mexico Beach is a great place to tie the knot.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 4,923 Captain

In a different time I think Jacob and I could have gotten into a little mischief together.
    Always loved them boys and am very proud for them.

There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,199 Captain

Congrats

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,675 Captain

Congratulations Jacob!
    I know you'll have a fabulous weekend!

God, save the South!
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 611 Officer

You have a family to be proud of. Are there any grandkids on the horizon?

Personally, I'm thinking that taking your kid AND grandkid fishing would be a heck of a fishing trip. I hope to experience that one day. B)

It is very difficult to win an argument with an educated man and darn near impossible to win one with an idiot.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,343 Admiral

"Family" Fisher was and is the best Avatar for you period - all of us can and have seen what a great Family person you truly are....congrats congrats congrats!

Enjoy the day, we know you will...

Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,534 Captain

Thanks everyone. I'm passing along your good wishes to Jake and Sarah. Headed south about 1:00 today, I hope. They're already at Lake Blackshear with Sarah's family and they'll all caravan down this morning.

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 2,702 Captain

Congrats Jake

• kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 568 Officer

Congrats to Jack and Sarah and all the families. Have a great time. Maybe a bachelor fishing party?

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg

@kgfisher said:
    Congrats to Jack and Sarah and all the families. Have a great time. Maybe a bachelor fishing party?

Took Austin and Jake to Louisiana in October...so yes! LOL

• amada8amada8 Posts: 758 Officer

Nicely done dad. He will make a great husband if he turned out anything like the dad.....

• BodineBodine Posts: 2,814 Captain

You have done well sir, you and the Mrs have raised 3 fine chillins, they will do well in the world.
    Congrats to the whole family.

F the feds
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 1,747 Captain

Congrats proud papa

You should have been here yesterday
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,441 Officer

Congrats Brad. You have some great kids

• hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,457 Captain

Congrats Pops! All y'all have a great time this weekend at the festivities!!!

The weather was perfect and the ceremony was beautiful. Here are Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Riner.

Congratulations to both. They are a fine looking couple.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I remember another fine couple being joined in matrimony on that very beach several years ago...
    How long has it been??
    Ferris...Ferris...Ferris...??

Try October 2004.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

WOW!!!

• stanwillstanwill Posts: 374 Deckhand
    Congrats to Jake and Sarah. Good looking couple!
    Just an old ,fat man that likes to fish
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,199 Captain
    Congrats to the newlyweds.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,976 Admiral
    Congrats. Thats a beautiful picture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file