I Need Help, Please!

I've received a private message, notified of this by my email, but I cannot figure how to get the message and reply on this new Format! What do I do?

Replies

• CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,286 Officer

At the top right hand corner of the page you will see your username and four icons, the one that looks like an open envelope is your Inbox.

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,808 Captain

ferris, if you have sent me a PM, the answer is no, I've not received it.

I don't know what is going on. I'm sure that my mind is still sharp, and I can use logic and deductive reasoning and have no problems using common sense in my "advanced age", but it is the little "picky-picky-picky" details of the "computer age" that has me confused. We all know that it's a 1-2-3, A-B-C scenario that has to be executed exactly or you don't get along very well with the computer. In my opinion, right or wrong or somewhere in between, we have entered a state of MIND CONTROL in this new "computer age". I see it strongly in my Grandkids and how they are reacting to life in general! They don't seem capable of using deductive reasoning with life's little problems as we did before the current "computer age"!

I can't handle it, and I'm giving serious thought about simply un-plugging this **** computer and going back to life as I knew it prior to about 1995-2000! But, the computer IS a source of "Intelligence Gathering" that I crave---what do I do? I think maybe the best thing to do is simply use the system as a source of information and suffer through the 1-2-3, A-B-C steps, but quit messing around on message boards, etc.

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,826 Captain

I feel ya Woodsrunner!
    We are living in the machine age.
    And now in the Computer age.
    Fond memories of simpler times...

God, save the South!
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,826 Captain

Click on your profile picture. Then you go in your profile and scroll down to notifications and "Inbox".

God, save the South!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,040 AG

Does anyone else show that they have new IM's that are old? It says I have over 400 but they are all old messages. If I click on one it will take the count down by 1. I'm not clicking on over 400 IM's to clear it.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 615 Officer

Try going to forum. Look on right side of page. It says Howdy partner, you can log in there. Then should be able to get to private messages Hope this helps

• billybobbillybob Posts: 615 Officer

Try going to forum. Look on right side of page. It says Howdy partner, you can log in there. Then should be able to get private messages Hope this helps

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,040 AG

He can't see the message envelope up top on the right, to the right of his username. Actually he can't see any of the icons that I do to the right of his UN.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,118 Captain
    edited February 14 #10

@micci_man said:
    Does anyone else show that they have new IM's that are old? It says I have over 400 but they are all old messages. If I click on one it will take the count down by 1. I'm not clicking on over 400 IM's to clear it.

400 im's on the wall, 400 im's on the wall, click 1down, pass it around, 399 im's on the wall

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 4,427 Captain

I had a few old PM's I was going to delete. I didn't find a way to delete them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file