Mako 224 renovations

2»

Replies

• Mako224Mako224 Posts: 414 Deckhand

Today was a big step. Got the gel coat sprayed

Hopefully tomorrow is more sanding to get the Floor ready for Non-Skid. Still looking for a company to make some Coaming pads. Any suggestions?

Is it possible with this to go back and edit older replies? was going to fix the pictures in a previous post? Thanks.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski Posts: 6,720 Admiral

That looks great! Nice work.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • surfmansurfman Posts: 3,496 Captain

That is odd on the pictures, I can see your pictures fine, except the ones above, must be because you are hosting them, if attached from the computer they are HUGE and overlap the side banner on my computer. I have been asking for help on this but so far no response. I must be the only one.

Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,858 Moderator

Boat looks fab. Coming along quite nicely.
    On another note...
    Going back and fixing should now be possible, lots of growing pains with the new format. Working on everything that y'all have mentioned.

Got all the sanding done and non-skid laid down. Aft deck is done except for now the seems and caulk need to be cleaned up. Will mount the rod holders tomorrow.

Wow, great job.

Deck is completed minus Bolster pads. Nice project that took a little longer. Now time to start fishing again.

Gained almost 12" on the walk way clearence

Added Mate Series Cup/Rod holders and through bolted

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,653 Captain

That's beautiful!
    It made a huge difference

God, save the South!

Spacious.

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • StratCasterStratCaster Posts: 3 Greenhorn

I've really enjoyed following this project. Everyone thinks they can restore a boat but there are lots of "projects" that have been sitting in garages and back yards for years. It's difficult and takes both passion and skill. I'm excited to see the final product.

• surfmansurfman Posts: 3,496 Captain

Huge improvement and I ended up loading Google Chrome for my explorer, seems this new format doesn't like Internet Explorer. Boat looks fantastic!

Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,197 Officer

Beautiful! Looks professionally done. Great job!

Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release

@StratCaster said:
    I've really enjoyed following this project. Everyone thinks they can restore a boat but there are lots of "projects" that have been sitting in garages and back yards for years. It's difficult and takes both passion and skill. I'm excited to see the final product.

You ain't lying. Just basic maintenance is a giant PIA if you're new to it. I can't imagine even attempting fiberglass work. Or putting that non skid stuff down. Seems like a scratchy sticky time consuming mess.

edited February 14 #46

Itchy yes at times. That is why I did this in the winter. The full suit was actually nice to wear. It was a fun project. I also built with help the LP/LW as well. The past 7 years has been a blast with this boat. Every year I have done something. Complete re-wire, Bracket, LP, Motor, fuel tank, boxes, electronics. I purchased the boat in Feb 2011 and put 1300 hours on it before the re-power in 16. Most of the items I did my self. The motor being the largest expense but very much worth it. This little 23' boat fishes much bigger and takes more then I want. I have lots of pictures of the process. I Told the wife this is the diamond in the rough.

Thanks for all the kind words and allowing me to share.

Yea man, hats off to you, there's always a project in the wings. It's a boat.

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file