Islamorada Giant Bluefin caught in 50' on reef

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

. www.AOKCharters.com

Replies

• xeniaxenia Posts: 68 Greenhorn

Amazing catch to be sure! Even more amazing that they were ready for just such a fish. Truly a great achievement in these parts. Kudos to the crew.

• piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 2,726 Captain

a 1st 4 shur

28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,976 Admiral

Awesome.

Caught a few at Walkers during a BBC tourney. Kind of messed us up for a couple hours but man, good eating.

Used to fish for them in Bimini. Amazing sight going down sea and see them come up into the spread and pound a bait.

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 6,786 Admiral

Wow

People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Lu 1967Lu 1967 Posts: 263 Deckhand

Wow is right. Is there even a legal season for these in Florida?I wonder if this is some sorta new migration? Aren't these a cold water fish.Whats next seals and penguins.

There is a legal season for bluefin. You have to have the proper permits and documentation to keep one. They've been caught in the Bahamas pretty regularly in the past.

• AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,562 Captain

Season Apr 30 - Dec 31
    HMS permit
    private boat 2 @ 27-47 and 1@ 47-73
    charter 3@ 27-47 and 1 @ 47-73

they won't be around after Apr 30th

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Fishing/Snorkeling/Sunset Cruise

. www.AOKCharters.com
  • JoeBazookaJoeBazooka Posts: 11 Greenhorn

Do these fish typically survive after a 2.5 hour fight? The FL sharks sure wouldn't be shy about taking a bite!

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,206 Captain

Man, good dill

• MarlinBohnerMarlinBohner The darkest depths of Brevard countyPosts: 14 Greenhorn

They migrate into the gulf of Mexico to spawn. Had a dozen full grown ones cruise by the boat in key West while kite fishing last April. Riding the swell just like the sails and Bonitas. Awesome sight to see

Everybody gets one

• INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,697 Captain

@xenia said:
    Amazing catch to be sure! Even more amazing that they were ready for just such a fish. Truly a great achievement in these parts. Kudos to the crew.

If there is an expert in the Keys on bluefin, it's Alex Adler on Kalex. He has spent a lot of time chasing them off Cat Cay and Bimini so he has the equipment and knows what he's doing.

• piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 2,726 Captain

i would guess the fish died from a lactic acid build up unless they drug it a long way to get it rested up

28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 246 Deckhand
    Dang, that thing looks dead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file