Giant black drum on a barbie Zebco rod and reel

YakinwithJackYakinwithJack Posts: 38 Greenhorn

Caught a over 40in black drum on my daughters pole for fun and a challenge check out my video and subscribe. Enjoy and thanks for watching

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Posts: 1,725 Captain

I certainly understand wanting to change things up, but that is a great way to kill a breeder

You should have been here yesterday
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,899 Admiral

Nice fish on the micro!

• Rich MRich M Posts: 622 Officer

They do that up in Alaska too - for halibut! Amazing what can be caught on a barbie fishing rod...

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,134 Captain

Barbie knows how to kill a male LOL

• YakinwithJackYakinwithJack Posts: 38 Greenhorn

@Saltygatorvet he lived he swam off strong it’s all in the video brother

@Rich M that’s would be awesome to do or see

Haha @Slough he was let go to fight another day

• WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 306 Deckhand

Jack, great video and respect for the sport of fishing. I like how you took him through the slippery rocks to revive him. Not all of us can have the expensive boats to fish and have fun.

@WadeFisherman yes sir That why I have a kayak. I can catch plenty of fish off the yak

• excaliberexcaliber Posts: 8 Greenhorn

That's a really nice fish on that setup!!

@excaliber thanks

@Resinhead thanks buddy

• RockslamRockslam Posts: 51 Greenhorn

@Saltygatorvet said:
    I certainly understand wanting to change things up, but that is a great way to kill a breeder

Do you ever post anything in this section that isn't negative towards someone's way of fishing?

• ResinheadResinhead Posts: 7,899 Admiral

Seems to be his way of thinking and acting.

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Posts: 1,725 Captain
    edited February 15 #16

@Rockslam said:

@Saltygatorvet said:

Do you ever post anything in this section that isn't negative towards someone's way of fishing?

Absolutely, post something up. I’m just not into playing with breeder fish with toy rods. I like to use appropriate tackle for the fish im after. I just don’t see the point in it. Some people think it’s cool and say so, some people don’t and say so, public forum right? I wasn’t rude, just don’t think it’s worth potentially hurting a fish. It may teach people bad habits. It’s a bad idea to go catch tarpon with an ultralight rod, because it tires them out too much. The same could be true for Big breeder black drum from a bridge. Some people don’t like jeopardizing our recource so they can play with breeders on junk toy tackle. Also, if you go back and look, I’ve made positive comments on every video he and the other Pensacola boys have posted. You may want to check those out before you start throwing a wide net. I’m sorry my post hurt your feelings

You should have been here yesterday
  • fordmag84fordmag84 Posts: 33 Greenhorn
    edited February 16 #17

You don't have to agree with salty, and he may be a bit gruff, but he is entitled to his opinion as are you. This is an open forum, and in the spirit of this forum, opinions may fly. If you check the kayak fails thread, he compliments yakin.

@Saltygatorvet your good buddy I respect your opinion tight lines brother

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file