trout back out front

The trout out of Mandalay and Econfina are back on the flats and out of the rivers for the most part. Still catching reds in the creeks and their usual spots.Where are they in your spots?

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 North GeorgiaPosts: 13,575 Moderator
    edited February 12 #2

If water temps continue to rise they should be starting to move. I've not heard though. Some recent reports had some guys getting on them.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/discussion/254447/carrabelle-fishn-report#latest

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)
  • tailwaterstailwaters Posts: 103 Deckhand

I fished east of the SM lighthouse on Sat. The conditions sucked but we managed catching 11-12 reds. Most where in the 24"-26" range. Fished from 9am - 12:30. The fog was pretty thick!

• skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,675 Captain

That's a solid Saturday!

God, save the South!
  • dblazerdblazer Posts: 26 Greenhorn

A couple of weeks ago I put in at the state park and picked a few redfish up off of live shrimp in the main river. I don't fish the area that often and I am thinking about going again this weekend. My question is how will 5+" of rain 80 miles inland effect the fish. If the water is muddy and high am I wasting my time. I plan to be there during a rising tide. I don't know how much rain they got there lately. Any info would be appreciated before I drive 2 hours down there and get skunked.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,199 Captain

@dblazer said:
    A couple of weeks ago I put in at the state park and picked a few redfish up off of live shrimp in the main river. I don't fish the area that often and I am thinking about going again this weekend. My question is how will 5+" of rain 80 miles inland effect the fish. If the water is muddy and high am I wasting my time. I plan to be there during a rising tide. I don't know how much rain they got there lately. Any info would be appreciated before I drive 2 hours down there and get skunked.

Never know if you don't go. I would think with all the fresh water headed that way and fronts moving through today, that that far up river would be iffy.

• firefishfirefish GaPosts: 4 Greenhorn

Rain wasn't that bad there. Have some friends that have fished since the rain and said its been tough but they stay on the water. I would say fish the edge of the flats and the smaller creeks, stay off of the main river for a week or so. The temp is my big question but I want be back until Monday if I can go then.

• dblazerdblazer Posts: 26 Greenhorn

Put in at Shields and fished St. Marks for the first time. Fished across from east river just off the main channel and caught 15-18 trout and one puffer. I did squeeze out 5 keepers with 19" being the biggest. Fog rolled in THICK about 1:00. Wanted to go to the rock gardens but ran out of time.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,199 Captain

@dblazer said:
    Put in at Shields and fished St. Marks for the first time. Fished across from east river just off the main channel and caught 15-18 trout and one puffer. I did squeeze out 5 keepers with 19" being the biggest. Fog rolled in THICK about 1:00. Wanted to go to the rock gardens but ran out of time.

Good Dill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file