Buying bait

Hunter85Hunter85 Posts: 5 Greenhorn

Why is it that if you want to buy decent bait in the central Florida area you have to go to Tampa or the east coast? I do most of my fishing out of Bay port or crystal river and the bait selection is just junk. When buying frozen bait it seems I’m better off and get better quality buying from my local wal mart. And ever so often got to go to the east coast just to stock up on bait.

Replies

• Mako224Mako224 Posts: 416 Deckhand
    edited February 13 #2

Where are you. I agree with you. Ace hardware in Sanford started stocking some Calcutta and other baits. The WM stores get some shipments in every now and then and I Stock up as they offer a decent price. I fish lot at night. Shops are closed when I get the ramps.

• farside88farside88 Posts: 451 Deckhand

@Mako224 said:
    Where are you. I agree with you. Ace hardware in Sanford started stocking some Calcutta and other baits. The WM stores get some shipments in every now and then and I Stock up as they offer a decent price. I fish lot at night. Shops are closed when I get the ramps.

I have the same problem you guys do. I live in Winter Garden, I fish Stuart-West Palm, and Sarasota. I either have to stock up ahead of time, or sacrifice time and wait for the shops to open.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file