Turkey-Only Membership on Kansas Lease

I lease 7,000 acres in NW Kansas that are loaded with turkeys. Don't have time to turkey hunt, so I'm accepting 6 turkey-only memberships for the upcoming Spring turkey season. These six members will be the only turkey hunters allowed on the farm. Cost is $1,500 per person and includes use of a furnished house on the farm. Farm is mix of row crops, timber along Republican River, CRP, and pasture.
Joshua 24:15

Replies

• 250sav250sav Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    That's an expensive Thanksgining:rotflmao
  • GottaGetOutdoorsGottaGetOutdoors Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    250sav wrote: »
    That's an expensive Thanksgiving:rotflmao

If that is the new standard, then we all better get rid of the truck, boat, guns, and a long list of other stuff. :wink
  • FLGobstopperFLGobstopper Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Well at least in NW KS they're rios. But dang $1500 for 2 bird limit in Kansas. WOW!

You would think the "standard" would be what a decent guided hunt would go for in the same state minus the cost of lodging and food.

So if that $1500 your asking includes a great lodge and meals then you might be in the ball park otherwise... :shrug
    Each member is allowed 6 gobblers. And each member can bring one guest per trip. A furnished house is already included as stated in the ad.
  • FLGobstopperFLGobstopper Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Didn't see the furnished farm house part. So your saying I can pay $1500 kill my 2 and have 2 buddies each chip in $500 a piece and kill their 2? That's not too bad then if you take $1500 split 3 ways for 2 birds a piece a furnished farm house and 7,000 ac.

Where exactly in NW KS is it, can you send a google map link or something? Got any pics you can post of it also?
    edited January 24 #7

The farm is near Saint Francis. Pics are posted at www.wildlifecooperative.com. Each member can bring 1 guest per trip.

Landscape is mix of timber along the river, pasture, and row crops. In addition to cattle, they farm alfalfa, corn, wheat and milo. Family has owned the farm since the 1930s and this is the first time they have leased it for hunting. I have a 10-year lease on the land plus a furnished house on the farm. Am structuring it with 3 mule deer-only members at $5,000 each, 3 whitetail-only members at $5,000 each, and 6 spring turkey-only memberships at $1500 each. Members share the furnished house, which is covered by dues.

• Rich MRich M Posts: 638 Officer

Folks wonder why it costs so much to do fun stuff. This is why.

edited February 11 #10

Rich M, you are so right. The landowner is a jerk because he won't let 12 of us hunt his 7,000 acres for free. On top of that, the dude has the nerve to expect money just because we use his furnished camp house all year. Geez!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file