Yamaha F115 Warm/Hot Start Issue

olboneolbone Posts: 32 Greenhorn
I have a 2006 F115 with almost 2,000 hours. Motor starts fine every time when cold. After it has been warmed up and is shut down for 20 minutes, or so, it does not restart 75% of the time. Sometimes you can hear a faint alarm coming from the key box when trying to restart. Have to let it sit for another 30-40 minutes and it starts and runs like nothing was ever wrong. This has been going on for 5 months and I'm getting tired of letting the motor run the whole time I'm fishing to avoid the issue.

My mechanic in St. Pete (not a Yamaha service center) can not find the issue. Here is what has been done to the motor in last few months:

water pump
all fuel related filters
drained VST tank
spark plugs
fuel pressure tested and good

Read of similar problems with F115 on interweb and also changed the shift position switch, which seemed to fix the issue for one weekend, but problem is back or did not get fixed.

Looking for anyone who has had the same problem.

Thanks

Replies

• gameovergameover Posts: 36 Greenhorn

Check your ECU and see if it looks like there are any signs of the podding on the back melting. The rectifier regulator sits right below the ECU and can generate a lot of heat which can cause the ECU to have problems.

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 3,194 Captain

Go to https://www.bandofboaters.com/, ask in the motors section. Some good Yamaha people on there.

• gameovergameover Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    edited February 9 #4

Check your ECU and see if it looks like there are any signs of the podding on the back melting. The rectifier regulator sits right below the ECU and can generate a lot of heat which can cause the ECU to have problems.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file