Boat Ramps Recommendations Tampa Bay Area

ezzriderezzrider Posts: 73 Greenhorn
edited February 3 in Boating #1

Any recommendations on Salt Water access boat ramps in the Tampa Bay Area? I will be using a 22' x 8 ' 6" Tritoon Boat with Yamaha 150 four stroke. I will be trailering with a F250 Crew Cab Diesel 4WD. Ramps that are in good shape, ease of putting in and out, enough parking for truck and trailer, relatively safe, worst crowd times, etc. I am located in Odessa, FL. Just looking for sightseeing, putzing around and maybe island picnicking, etc.. I have heard of the Anclote River Park, Ft Desoto and Cortney Campbell Ramps. Relatively new to saltwater boating but have boated in freshwater for decades. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• JCSJCS Posts: 28 Greenhorn

Ft Desoto is a very easy ramp for people new to th area. Plenty of parking even on the busiest weekends. Seminole ramp in Clearwater is a good ramp but can get hectic on busy weekends. I would not recommend Anclote unless you have one person to Drive the boat and one to handle the trailer. Traffic and current can be bad.

• Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,200 Officer
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • ezzriderezzrider Posts: 73 Greenhorn

@JCS said:
    Ft Desoto is a very easy ramp for people new to th area. Plenty of parking even on the busiest weekends. Seminole ramp in Clearwater is a good ramp but can get hectic on busy weekends. I would not recommend Anclote unless you have one person to Drive the boat and one to handle the trailer. Traffic and current can be bad.

Thanks. We rode over to Ft Desoto on Sunday but it was a bad weather day. Not many boats. Has lots of ramps and parking. Looks like a nice ramp area. I have been over to Anclote before and put in with a friends boat. The current was bad. Unfortunately that is the closest ramp to me.

• ezzriderezzrider Posts: 73 Greenhorn

Thanks. Great website.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file