SWFL Fishing Club meeting 1/25/2018

Hey Guys and Gals, tomorrow, 1/25/2018 The SWFL Fishing Club will be hosting its first meeting of 2018. We will be meeting in the Restaurant at the Bass Pro Shop at Fort Myers at 630 PM. Weve got an exciting 2018 planned and look forward to seeing some of you there!

www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 26 ft Glacier Bay Catamaran
Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,429 Moderator

Hey Capt Dan looking forward to your Guys and Girls using our new format in 2018. And we always look forward to your posts for a firsthand look at where the action is on the water.
    larrywitt

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 510 Officer

Thanks Larry. Havnt been getting out too much with all this wind! But got some maintenance items done along with adding a few new goodies to the boat.

• NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 21 Greenhorn

Hey Capt. Dan, how often do you meet? I just signed a contract to buy a house in Burnt Store and I need to make some fishing friends.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

Thanks Larry. Havnt been getting out too much with all this wind! But got some maintenance items done along with adding a few new goodies to the boat.

Like you Capt Dan during this down time I had an RHODAN GPS anchor installed on my boat. I am really looking forward to drop it in the water to set it up. Looking forward to not have to re anchor 3 to 5 five times in deep water to get set up on a coral head or ridge. To cold and windy for me to enjoy being on the water even to set the RHODAN up. There is a utube video on it being used on a Freeman Cat.
    larrywitt

• Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 510 Officer

Nevermoor- we have a once a month meeting currently as bass pro shop in ft myers. Check out SWFLFISHINGCLUB.COM for more info or call me direct at 239-878-4736 Our next meeting is set for Feb 22nd. Come check it out.

Larry- Ive seen the video of the Rhodan and have heard great things about it. It definitely will change the offshore fishing game. Which lb thrust did you get? Im curious to see and hear some of your experiences with it..
    My offshore boat is a 26 Glacier Bay and Ive toyed with the idea of adding the rhodan system, but it is pretty steep for the 36 volt system. Maybe one day

• NevermoorNevermoor Burnt Store MarinaPosts: 21 Greenhorn

Thanks, Capt. I'll see you on the 22nd.

My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns and fishing rods for what I told her I paid for them,

Here is the choice i made. I talked to them at a couple of shows and on the phone. They said the 24 volt model is good for up to a 24 FT. boat witch covers me. The cost was under $4 grand for motor, batteries, misc. material and labor for the installer. It would have been more it i went with higher end batteries , i got mine from Sams group 27 I could have gone to 31 or GEL cell . I figure let me get some time on the water first to see how the 27`s hold up. I will be posting how they are holding and how the anchor lock is working.
    larrywitt

• SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 85 Greenhorn

Now more pulling anchor? You're gonna get spoiled quick!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file