Sanibel 2017

TgrassTgrass Posts: 197 Deckhand
This was a very good year with a number of nice fish and a good variety. These are a few shots of what made for a great four months. I generally make three trips a year April/May, a week in June with friends and again with friends visiting while I am there during Oct/Nov.

Lots of nice fish with many Trout, lots of Pompano, Jacks a few Reds and some small Tarpon. I don't even want to talk about Ladyfish.

This unfortunately was my worst day during my stay. My first and hopefully last encounter with a Stingray. Had to be the most painful thing I have ever experienced and I hope it says that way.

Replies

• jensenjeff1955jensenjeff1955 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Nice pictures. By the looks of the background, I'd say that it's taken by the Blind Pass area between Sanibel and Captiva?
  • TgrassTgrass Posts: 197 Deckhand
    A couple of them are from there, most in other areas.

The picture from the Stingray incident is two weeks after, this was the day it happened.
  • FlatsFrenzyFlatsFrenzy Posts: 893 Officer
    I was there over Thanksgiving...got blown out for the most part.
    -
    Chris
    Gulf Coast of FL
    @flatsfrenzy #flyonly #onelessspinrod
  • RG AirRG Air Posts: 281 Deckhand
    nice fish from a nice place.
  • CPAforSnookCPAforSnook Posts: 54 Greenhorn

How do you like the stripping basket? I'm new to saltwater fly fishing and getting my gear together for my annual trip to Sanibel in June.

• TgrassTgrass Posts: 197 Deckhand

Well it appears that they changed the site again and we all have a new join date.

• Randy RichterRandy Richter Posts: 4 Greenhorn

When do you find most of your pompano? Been fishing there for many years and never hit one, but almost always there in July.

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 5,904 Admiral

Nice. Looks like you've got it figured out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file